Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need your HELP and suggestions please >

I need your HELP and suggestions please

I need your HELP and suggestions please

Old 03-16-2014, 07:33 AM

I think any allover patttern will be great. You could also do the "hanging diamonds" pattern, that's easy to do on your dsm. Just mark the first few lines than use the walking foot guide to keep your lines evenly spaced.
It will be loved no matter what you do.
cindy
Old 03-16-2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell View Post
I'm all for meandering I love to write little messages in the meander and I would love to do that for Jessica's baby. I'm glad someone supports the idea. My sister, who is more like the quilt police, made one of those famous guttural sounds when I mentioned I might do a meander
Yor quilt, your creation, forget your sister's response and go with your heart:0
Old 03-16-2014, 10:51 AM

Little messages will be adorable in this super adorable quilt! Never mind your quilt police sister and her guttural sounds (that made me laugh); your student will love it!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:03 AM

kyquiltlover1942

I wondered how one would do that! Bridal toole. That would let me quilt both sides separately - oh I can feel the creative juices flowing I have loads of extra flannel I could use as the batting and that way it won't be too poofy. I am so excited.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell View Post
I'm all for meandering I love to write little messages in the meander and I would love to do that for Jessica's baby. I'm glad someone supports the idea. My sister, who is more like the quilt police, made one of those famous guttural sounds when I mentioned I might do a meander
Put up a sign "NO QUILT POLICE ZONE" then when she makes faces & noises point to it.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:29 PM

I have been entertaining the idea of a reversible quilt partly to use more of my stash and partly because it is a challenge. One side is squares and the other has a panel and surrounding strips and borders. I plan to quilt some of it from the top and some from the bottom. I might suggest to you that you quilt around the clothes and line and the flower on the front. Then, from the back quilt in the squares. Quilt that pattern for the squares only in the portion of the squares that do not have the quilting from the front in them. Each side would complement the other side. If you use the same thread in the bobbin as the needle thread it will look well coordinated. Another idea would be to use a pantograph pattern. You have a really cute quilt and a great opportunity for the quilting. Best wishes as you make choices.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:39 PM

I'd ignore the back, outline the features on the front and combine meandering and writing in the open spaces. The clothesline is begging for some words. I have done two double sided quilts and that's the only way I could see to do it. My daughter's outlined flowers (front) added another design feature to the Sunny Lanes back. On my son's quilt I had to do all kinds of stitching for the front, including thread painting. I only made sure I didn't stitch through the faces in the pictures on the back, but you don't have that concern.

Please post a picture. The quilt is adorable and I'd like to see it completed.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
The top and back are adorable! Hello Kitty will stand the test of time, so that quilt will be used to tatters!

As for quilting, How about doing an "X" in the blocks and then outline quilting the clothes on the line, the line, the bird and the flower of the front?

That would tie front and back together nicely.

Good luck!

This sounds like a good suggestion!
Old 03-16-2014, 04:43 PM

The quilt is darling!! The only problem with meandering words, they will be written backward on the back of the quilt. I'd just quilt the clothesline side, it will be beautiful on the other side as well.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:21 PM

I would do a simple meander stitch. Works for both sides.