Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need your opinion >

I need your opinion

I need your opinion

Old 06-24-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by cmagee84
This is a quilt layout that I am using to make a fall star quilt. I am using browns, tan, burgandys, florals from a victorian collection. My question...should I use all sawtooth star blocks as in the picture, or use a variety of star blocks to add interest?
I love this pattern. Did you design it yourself? If possible I'd love to have a copy of the pattern or where I can buy it.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:34 PM

It is a pretty quilt and I love the colors. I would probably add an alternate block in the quilt along with the sawtooth stars, but that is just my preference.
Many of the other quilters on the board feel differently. That is what is so neat about quilting. There are many right answers to what we would do. :thumbup:
Old 06-24-2010, 07:38 PM

The quilt is stunning. Your room will look like it is right out of a magazine with your quilt on the four poster!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:11 AM

Thanks to EVERYONE for your opinions. I LOVE this quilting board...you make it great!

I did not design the pattern, but thanks for thinking that I could!!! :) It is from the magazine "Quilt Sampler Fall/Winter 2007. It is called Homestead Hearth.

I have decided, unless I change my mind later, to use mostly sawtooth stars, with the centers being different and to also use at least one, if not two, other star patterns to sprinkle throughout. I will post a pic when the top is completed.

Thanks again, and I will continue to read more opinions as they are offered...it is not finished yet!!! :)
Old 06-25-2010, 05:23 AM

Thanks to EVERYONE for your opinions. I LOVE this quilting board...you make it great!

I did not design the pattern, but thanks for thinking that I could!!! :) It is from the magazine "Quilt Sampler Fall/Winter 2007. It is called Homestead Hearth.

I have decided, unless I change my mind later, to use mostly sawtooth stars, with the centers being different and to also use at least one, if not two, other star patterns to sprinkle throughout. I will post a pic when the top is completed.

Thanks again, and I will continue to read more opinions as they are offered...it is not finished yet!!! :)
Figures. I probably just gave that magazine away! Oh well. I'll just have to admire yours when you get it finished!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

Figures. I probably just gave that magazine away! Oh well. I'll just have to admire yours when you get it finished!
If you really want it, I would be happy to make you a photocopy and mail it to you. Send me a pm with your address. Or perhaps I could scan it and email it...no promises on that actually working, but I would give it a try.:)
Old 06-25-2010, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

Hey, ScissorQueen, I just went to your blog and found several things we have in common!