Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I ordered a scrap bag today

Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    I just used a code ABAND2311 got 15% off Thank you, thank you.
    Thanks for the coupon code. I ordered the scrap bag and a Benartex 1/2 yard assortment and the code worked plus it was over $40.00 so I got free shipping. I hope I like the fabs I get so I'll feel like it is a real bargain.

I buy them all the time! they usually have 9 yrds and the pieces are good sized and coordinated! I love their scrap!!! sharet

OK, you hooked me too. I ordered the scrap bag and 10 yards of outdoor fabric to recover cushions on outdoor furniture.

I have a granddaughter due in July and I just ordered fabric from fabric.com == small world

I looked for the scrap bags but couldn"t find them, I'd appreciate someone pointing me to them. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psthreads
    I have a granddaughter due in July and I just ordered fabric from fabric.com == small world
    We'll have to compare notes about how our blankets are coming and when our granddaughters arrive.

I'm trying to decide between these two. What do you think? They both use a layer cake from Sandy Gervais (for Moda) called Giddy. I need to find out how to export without all the block and patch lines. It makes it hard to see the actual design.

My first choice
    Name:  Attachment-171407.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  32.8 KB

Second choice
    Name:  Attachment-171408.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  36.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Apologies if I sound a little incoherent. I just got back from having an endoscopy test and I'm still a little groggy. But at least I get to take it easy all day. :)

Quote Originally Posted by rosebeka
    I looked for the scrap bags but couldn"t find them, I'd appreciate someone pointing me to them. Thanks in advance.
    http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabri...sortments.aspx

They're under Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes, etc - "Stephen's Special Assortments" - ASST-170 Three Pound Cotton Remnant Assortment :)

Thank you so much for the site to buy this and also for the coupon #. Problem is, kept buying more than just the scrap bag :roll:

I would love to see what you all get too. Sounds like fun. I love both those quilt patterns, and love the giddy line. It will be a great quilt!!

I didn't know you could order "scrap bag". I am excited to see yours to see if it is something I might want to do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Today I ordered the fabric I need for my new grand daughter's quilt (due in July) from fabric.com. While browsing I saw their scrap bags. Three pounds of fabric for $19.95. I had good success with the Moda scrap bag so decided to give this one a try. They say it's approx. 9 yds. of fabric in sizes ranging from 1/8 to one yd. Has anyone here ordered a scrap bag from fabric.com?

I'll let you know what I get.
    That is almost as good as fat quarters isn't it? I am new to quilting so I am trying to figure out all the tricks you seasoned folks have knowledge of and use that to my advantage.

Thanks...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arimuse
    I buy them all the time! they usually have 9 yrds and the pieces are good sized and coordinated! I love their scrap!!! sharet
    That's what's held me back. I didn't know if the fabric would be odd lots or closely coordinating.

Great site , easy to work with , great service .

I love #2... so much I want to print this for future reference!!

Don't need to they are with me!

I order these remanant bundles from fabric.com quite often. Most of the pieces are a half yard to a yard in length and you get about 9 yds total. It is always a variety...anything from solids to florals to geometrics to juvenile, etc. You can't really count on a coordinating mix but it's always good quality fabric at a great price. I also love the surprise element and have been known to order a few of these bundles at a time just for the fun of it. Also, another bonus, anything over $35.00 ships for free. Have fun and let us see what you get!

I like the second choice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
    I love bags like that! Got one last week at the quilt show here for $2.50. It was loaded with some great pieces from 1/8 to 1 yard. Let us know what you get.
    Where was the quilt show in North GA?

in the land of fruits, nuts, flakes & quakes!
    What a bunch of enablers! LOL I just ordered two bags. I saw some neat tutorials using scraps and I am so new to quilting that I don't have many scraps yet. Not for long! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly's sister
    I love bags like that! Got one last week at the quilt show here for $2.50. It was loaded with some great pieces from 1/8 to 1 yard. Let us know what you get.
    Ditto...where was the quilt show?

As many may know I'm not really a scrap quilter and prefer to order what I know...that said many have had fabulous results with the scrap bags. I would be afraid to try them for fear I'd never use most of them.

This is so cool. I don't make scrap quilts often because I only buy enough fabric for the quilt I am making. I am so excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolly's sister
    Ditto...where was the quilt show?
    The Expo was in Gwinnett County at the civic in Duluth which is NE of Atlanta & the civic center is just off I-85N.
    In the scrap bag I got there were enough coordinating fabrics for the start of a great lap quilt. Plus there were a few other pieces. Just one I didn't like of computer workers so if any of you would like it-free- just PM me & I'll send it to you.

shoe fabric from scrap bag
    Name:  Attachment-171754.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  2.97 MB

free computer scrap
    Name:  Attachment-171755.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  2.69 MB

One of my LQS has a scrap bin where you can get a scrap for 25 cents or they give you a plastic zip top bag you can fill for $5. The stipulation is that bag must zip closed.

So yesterday I proceed to put 56 scraps in an UNpleated 9 X 6 bag

That is $14 at the per scrap price. Quite a haul I thought but cashier didn't bat an eyelash. And none of the other employees said a bad word to me about pulling every scrap in the bin out to look at each one, creating a leave pile on the floor and a take pile in my lap until I got to the bottom of the bin and stuffed the leave pile back in the bin.

I guess they keep a chipper attitude because they get to touch fabric all day ;-) and maybe quilters are easier to deal with than the general public?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast