Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I ordered a scrap bag today

I may just have to start shopping on the net. After looking at all they have, it is soooooo tempting. Thanks for the info. And please share a photo when you get your package.

Quote Originally Posted by laalaaquilter
    One of my LQS has a scrap bin where you can get a scrap for 25 cents or they give you a plastic zip top bag you can fill for $5. The stipulation is that bag must zip closed.

So yesterday I proceed to put 56 scraps in an UNpleated 9 X 6 bag

That is $14 at the per scrap price. Quite a haul I thought but cashier didn't bat an eyelash. And none of the other employees said a bad word to me about pulling every scrap in the bin out to look at each one, creating a leave pile on the floor and a take pile in my lap until I got to the bottom of the bin and stuffed the leave pile back in the bin.

I guess they keep a chipper attitude because they get to touch fabric all day ;-) and maybe quilters are easier to deal with than the general public?
    That's my kind of deal :) Which LQS in our area does this? I'm in Canton...just a hop, skip and a jump from Woodstock!

Blog Entries
    I love the high heel fabric, too cute. Great deal. Wish I had known about the quilt show. Went to Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge last weekend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
    Quote Originally Posted by laalaaquilter
    One of my LQS has a scrap bin where you can get a scrap for 25 cents or they give you a plastic zip top bag you can fill for $5. The stipulation is that bag must zip closed.

So yesterday I proceed to put 56 scraps in an UNpleated 9 X 6 bag

That is $14 at the per scrap price. Quite a haul I thought but cashier didn't bat an eyelash. And none of the other employees said a bad word to me about pulling every scrap in the bin out to look at each one, creating a leave pile on the floor and a take pile in my lap until I got to the bottom of the bin and stuffed the leave pile back in the bin.

I guess they keep a chipper attitude because they get to touch fabric all day ;-) and maybe quilters are easier to deal with than the general public?
    That's my kind of deal :) Which LQS in our area does this? I'm in Canton...just a hop, skip and a jump from Woodstock!
    Was wondering where this LQS is too, sounds like a fun place.

Power Poster
    No I hadn't heard of this before.

Blog Entries
    This is the fabric I got from ordering the scrap bag. I ordered two and did get some repeat fabric. The doll at the top has another one on the other side if someone wants to make the dolls I will send them to you. Just pm me with your info and I will get them out to you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by swanrd
    This is the fabric I got from ordering the scrap bag. I ordered two and did get some repeat fabric. The doll at the top has another one on the other side if someone wants to make the dolls I will send them to you. Just pm me with your info and I will get them out to you.
    Where did you place your scrap bag order?

Just what I need; more scraps! LOL. I have managed to locate 4 (yes 4) storage totes overflowing with scraps! It would be fun to see what others consider scraps though. My LQS sells scraps for .25 each. That is a rip off! If they would let you fill a zip bag as described in a prior post, it would be great. If I were to sell mine at that rate, I could probably finance a new car. (Hmm, I feel a yardsale approaching this Spring, whenever that decides to arrive.)

Blog Entries
    From Fabric.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    ... It would be fun to see what others consider scraps though.... (Hmm, I feel a yardsale approaching this Spring, whenever that decides to arrive.)
    My opinion of a scrap is any pieces 4 inches or smaller and mostly irregular in size. Most of what I consider my scraps are in this category. Also, if you don't want to do the yard sale, I am sure many members would be glad to have first chance to buy your 'yard sale' items. Just an idea. :-)

Nice fabric!

4my3boyz.com has scrap bags for $7.95 /pound. Most are smaller scraps, and they have various types--like food fabric,patriotic, children, etc.

Just doing my bit as an enabler

http://www.virginiaquilter.com
    $12.50 pound--high quality judging from the one I got last year-- 3- 3.5 yds.

And to REALLY blow your budget, here is a source for bolts!
    http://store.quilting-warehouse.com/...tonprints.html

Blog Entries
    The doll fabric is spoken for, thank to those who asked.

Quote Originally Posted by swanrd
    From Fabric.com
    They have awesome remnant bundles and usually include several larger pieces up to a yard in length :)

I ordered one of the 3 lb bags from fabric.com once and was very pleased. Most of the fabric was close to a full yard. There were some weird colors/prints in there, but overall i was happy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3