Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I was on pinterest & didn't know it :)

I was on pinterest & didn't know it :)

Friends have told me that I should join Pinterest. So I finally took the plunge & joined last night. There are lots of quilts to look at and as I was scrolling the quilts what do I see....my quilts. There were 3 of them. I guess people from this board liked my quilts enough to pin to their Pinterest! I'm shocked, surprised and a bit on cloud nine to think that someone would do that. So, a big THANK YOU to the ones that gave me such a big compliment!

Blog Entries
    I enjoy Pinterest. You Tube and Pinterest and you can make anything. LOL
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Imagine my surprise when a Dresden baby bib I had designed and made wound up on Pinterest and it was pinned by someone and linked to a pattern designer with requests for them to do either a tutorial or produce a pattern for it!! No effort to contact the original pinner for information on it.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Imagine my surprise when a Dresden baby bib I had designed and made wound up on Pinterest and it was pinned by someone and linked to a pattern designer with requests for them to do either a tutorial or produce a pattern for it!! No effort to contact the original pinner for information on it.
    Wow, that's something that I didn't think of, but then I can't design things. I've been quilting 3 years & just now feel like a "confident beginner". I imagine if you are a professional quilter that you should make sure your name is on all your pictures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
    Wow, that's something that I didn't think of, but then I can't design things. I've been quilting 3 years & just now feel like a "confident beginner". I imagine if you are a professional quilter that you should make sure your name is on all your pictures.
    Well, I'm certainly not a professional designer but that is a good idea to put name on photos!
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I love Pinterest too. So many beautiful rooms to view there also.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I enjoy pinterest as well, yep i found two of my own quilts on there... it happens
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    pins that are not from the original source are my pinterest pet peeve. People do it all the time. I've been known to find the original post and post the link as a comment. Or if I repin I always repin from the original post or I won't pin at all. Pinterest gives me gray hairs sometimes but I still love it.

I've looked on there, but never joined.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    I regularly pin some of the beautiful quilts from the boards. I always try to type in QuiltingBoard.com and the user ID.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gale View Post
    pins that are not from the original source are my pinterest pet peeve. People do it all the time. I've been known to find the original post and post the link as a comment. Or if I repin I always repin from the original post or I won't pin at all. Pinterest gives me gray hairs sometimes but I still love it.
    I like to go back to the original post site. Then I will create a new pin so the "owner" is recognized. The original site often gets lost when something is pinned over and over again.

It is fun when you find your quilt on Pinterest - I found one of mine too and it had to be pinned from here.

Blog Entries
    Pinterest gave everyone a jolt to their notions of what they believed about copyright law.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    One of my pic from QB made it onto Pinterest. Can't say my quilt as it was just blocks laid out on my bed. I took it as a compliment. Someone liked my work enough to tell others.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I always go to the original source after I got a nasty gram from Pinterest about original content from another pinner that I had pinned .. WOW!! People need to really look at things and think about what they are pinning ! At least in my humble opinion ! LOL
    Brie says ^paw Auntpiggylpn
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Interesting, it is one of those "on the fence" things. I kind of think it is wrong to post someone else's work without giving them credit, but on the other hand.......
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

I love Pinterest! It saves me paper, clutter and time. I respect the wishes of those who don't like their work pinned but from my point of view it's a compliment to see my projects pinned by others. I'm not a designer or have any intention of being one.

It's just a great way to note a block, a layout, a tutorial or even just an inspiring color combo that I like and might want to try later. I dislike having tons of bookmarks to wade through when you can just look at a Pinterest board and quickly scan the pictures.

I too have had my quilts pinned from here and I also considered it a huge compliment that someone cared enough about my work to pin it.

I also recently set up my own pinterest account but I think I only know enough about pinning to be dangerous. Most of my repins are from other pins. I have yet to figure out how to pin from the web! So I set up two boards. One of my own stuff and one of other peoples stuff. I really don't have a clue if my repins are referencing the original source or not.

Blog Entries
    The way to find out is to click on your pins. If they go to the pages where the actual picture and/or article is, then it's pinned from the original source. If not, for example, if they go to a blog homepage or a website where you would have to search for the picture, or if they go only to the picture itself, or my other pet peeve, a site that only has pictures from pinterest and NO original content, then it's not pinned from the original source. If I'm pinning a recipe I make sure my pin leads directly to that recipe. If I'm pinning a tutorial I make sure it leads to the actual tutorial.

To pin you can do it one of two ways. You can go here: https://help.pinterest.com/entries/2...-Pin-It-button and follow the instructions to add the pin-it button to your browser. Or you can simply click on the + sign on the pinterest homepage (next to your username in the upper right), choose 'add from a website' and add the url manually.

Blog Entries
    Oh my....I bet I am guilty. I am fairly new to Pinterest and I really have no idea how it works. I just pin things I see and like. I have no idea where they come from. So guilty! Maybe some one would want to give a short edu on it for people like me.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    Maybe some one would want to give a short edu on it for people like me.
    Asked and answered - the post right before yours.

To pin you can do it one of two ways. You can go here: https://help.pinterest.com/entries/2...-Pin-It-button and follow the instructions to add the pin-it button to your browser. Or you can simply click on the + sign on the pinterest homepage (next to your username in the upper right), choose 'add from a website' and add the url manually.
    Hope this helps!

Here's a link to my quilting board, "Quilty Goodness", on Pinterest. Maybe you'll see one of your quilts there!

http://pinterest.com/bonbonevans/quilty-goodness/

I also have knitting and crochet boards, if you are interested. You might find something you want to make! Pinterest is wonderful!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Fun quilts you've pinned, I will follow it! Here is a link to my boards: http://pinterest.com/sallyjwalker/boards/

I am more than honored when I find one of my quilts pinned on Pinterest. I usually can't help myself, and make a comment, at least to say "thank you", and of course I always "like" the pin ...tee hee

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    Here's a link to my quilting board, "Quilty Goodness", on Pinterest. Maybe you'll see one of your quilts there!

http://pinterest.com/bonbonevans/quilty-goodness/

I also have knitting and crochet boards, if you are interested. You might find something you want to make! Pinterest is wonderful!
    Blessings!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    . .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ Sally

I am more than honored when I find one of my quilts pinned on Pinterest. I usually can't help myself, and make a comment, at least to say "thank you", and of course I always "like" the pin ...tee hee [/QUOTE]
    I was definitely honored, but I guess I never really thought about someone not liking it. I checked your pins out and what beautiful quilts. Fun way to pass the time just looking at quilts.

I too just started pinterest. I have a lot to learn about it. But normally i like to go to the original site the picture came fom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast