Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I was on pinterest & didn't know it :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-pinterest-didnt-know-t223896.html)

Debbie B 06-17-2013 06:58 AM

I was on pinterest & didn't know it :)

Friends have told me that I should join Pinterest. So I finally took the plunge & joined last night. There are lots of quilts to look at and as I was scrolling the quilts what do I see....my quilts. There were 3 of them. I guess people from this board liked my quilts enough to pin to their Pinterest! I'm shocked, surprised and a bit on cloud nine to think that someone would do that. So, a big THANK YOU to the ones that gave me such a big compliment!

BellaBoo 06-17-2013 07:08 AM

I enjoy Pinterest. You Tube and Pinterest and you can make anything. LOL

auntpiggylpn 06-17-2013 07:10 AM

Imagine my surprise when a Dresden baby bib I had designed and made wound up on Pinterest and it was pinned by someone and linked to a pattern designer with requests for them to do either a tutorial or produce a pattern for it!! No effort to contact the original pinner for information on it.

Debbie B 06-17-2013 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 6127259)
Imagine my surprise when a Dresden baby bib I had designed and made wound up on Pinterest and it was pinned by someone and linked to a pattern designer with requests for them to do either a tutorial or produce a pattern for it!! No effort to contact the original pinner for information on it.

Wow, that's something that I didn't think of, but then I can't design things. I've been quilting 3 years & just now feel like a "confident beginner". I imagine if you are a professional quilter that you should make sure your name is on all your pictures.

auntpiggylpn 06-17-2013 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie B (Post 6127278)
Wow, that's something that I didn't think of, but then I can't design things. I've been quilting 3 years & just now feel like a "confident beginner". I imagine if you are a professional quilter that you should make sure your name is on all your pictures.

Well, I'm certainly not a professional designer :p but that is a good idea to put name on photos!

nygal 06-17-2013 07:22 AM

I love Pinterest too. So many beautiful rooms to view there also.

wanda lou 06-17-2013 11:35 AM

I enjoy pinterest as well, yep i found two of my own quilts on there... it happens

gale 06-17-2013 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 6127259)

pins that are not from the original source are my pinterest pet peeve. People do it all the time. I've been known to find the original post and post the link as a comment. Or if I repin I always repin from the original post or I won't pin at all. Pinterest gives me gray hairs sometimes but I still love it.

Latrinka 06-18-2013 04:00 AM

I've looked on there, but never joined.

Krystyna 06-18-2013 04:13 AM

I regularly pin some of the beautiful quilts from the boards. I always try to type in QuiltingBoard.com and the user ID.