Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I resisted buying a much loved fabric.. >

I resisted buying a much loved fabric..

I resisted buying a much loved fabric..

Old 10-26-2011, 04:02 PM

i think i is actually called millefiori or paperweight in the sludge colorway
Originally Posted by KastleKitty
Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
Good for you... wish I had your willpower Yolanda! I fell for his Paperweight fabric in the "Sludge" colorway and purchased 5 yards. I don't even know what i'm going to do with that much and am going to be the little devil sitting on your shoulder, whispering in your ear "I'd would be happy to split it with you if you're interested." ;)
Sludge. What a funny name for a colorway - but hey it grabs your attention. I have a question that is probably dumb, but what it is "shot cotton"?
I wonder why they didn't call this print millefiori? It looks so much more like thousands of flowers that like sludge!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by yolanda
I really love Kaffe's shot cotton in "sludge" and it's out of print... I found some online at $9.50 a yard and went to buy 5 yards... I filled out all the information and then the total showed $10.95 in shipping I changed my mind.. so I had to tell someone... thanks for listening and I promise to post something more interesting next time :-)
A good place to look for fabrics that are older is Etsy. Search under "supplies". You will usually find some sellers who ship for actual costs and not try to make money off your shipping.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:48 PM

I did. No sludge on esty :-( .. I think I am going to have to break down and buy some.. maybe just less then I want
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by yolanda
I really love Kaffe's shot cotton in "sludge" and it's out of print... I found some online at $9.50 a yard and went to buy 5 yards... I filled out all the information and then the total showed $10.95 in shipping I changed my mind.. so I had to tell someone... thanks for listening and I promise to post something more interesting next time :-)
A good place to look for fabrics that are older is Etsy. Search under "supplies". You will usually find some sellers who ship for actual costs and not try to make money off your shipping.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:49 PM

Good for you! Wanna split some sludge? ;-)
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I feel your pain. at a show the other day, I fell in LOVE with a FQ, problem was it was in a set of five, the lady didnt want to seperate, and I really didnt care for 2 of them. And it was 18.00!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I skipped it too, but really wanted the one, lol!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM

I seriously need to go a fabrics anonymous meeting ..