Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I saw a neat basting table setup today

I took a quilt to my Quilting Guild today to be basted, and saw how they set up a neat none back breaking way to Baste. WE used 2 tables kinda remind me of the cafeteria tables. Anyway any table with legs not the bowed kind will work.
    They used pvc pipe about 2" ones it looked like, about 8 inches long. Four of them. One lady lifted up the table,This legs were at a slant, I slipped a pipe over the leg and when we were finished WAL LA !!!!! it was strudy, and plenty high enough all we had to do is stand there and BASTE. Four of us,it took about 30 min. Not a hugh quilt, almost a queen size. Any way I am going to tell DH When I get ready to baste one that I want to do myself to get ready to fix me a set for my table.
    Thought maybe some one would find this interesting.
    Bill'sBonBon

Good idea...whatever you can do to ease the backache pain is well worth it. Having your table at working height is so much better than bending over, crawling on the floor or whatever other ways we have used to get the job done.

Great idea, thanks! I'll have to adapt it to my table which has the bowed legs.

Thanks again,

Linda D.

Some stores sell the leg extenders in the bedding department. They were originally designed for beds, but are not used for table. Back-saving devices are always welcomed by quilters.

I did a google search. Check out this page.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...+leg+extenders

June

I bought a 59 dollar cutting table at Joanns. It is perfect for basting small quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by june6995
    Some stores sell the leg extenders in the bedding department. They were originally designed for beds, but are not used for table. Back-saving devices are always welcomed by quilters.

I did a google search. Check out this page.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...+leg+extenders

June

Thank you, June. Now that I have SEEN the pictures, Bill'sBonBon gave a very good description. What a terrific idea.

I bought Bed Risers at Bed, Bath and Beyond and have it under my cutting table they work great. My machine is at a different table.