Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I showed restraint in Joann's today...

I am extremely proud of myself.

I drove down to Niagara Falls, NY to go to Joann's.

I needed Boy Scout fabric, as my scout master's wife had her baby a month early, so I'm scrambling to get the quilt done now!

I went in, got the fabrics I needed... and nothing else. Even though fat quarters were 99 cents, and there was some reduced fabric I loved!!! I used my will power and didn't even look.

Normally I would stock up on stuff "just in case"

I think having to cross the border the same day maybe had something to do with it, but I'm proud of myself anyways!!!

Theresa

Blog Entries
    You are much stronger than I am :mrgreen:

Hurray! Get that stash whittled down. You showed willpower. You SEW girl!

Let me tell you how proud I am of you!!! :mrgreen: Between last week and this week around $300, if not more and thats not including the stuff the week before that!!! Bringing stuff in and hiding - as DH already thinks I have enough!! Then I'll bring it out and say this is what I'm going to make with this and its for!! I just sort of get this look. Suppose he's caught on? :lol: :lol:

I found coats thread from .50 to .95 on clearance a spool. Let me tell you do I have the thread now. Then I went down the line and just started pulling all different colors and makes from all-purpose, machine & hand quilting, etc. Then there's the notoins and fabric!! OMG!!!

Definitely have to stay away for awhile!! Will be going through therapy though!! :lol: :lol: What am I suppose to do with my 50% off coupons?

Oh my goodness, send her some medication....she walked away almost empty handed...............she definately is ill...and apparently out of her mind. :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    You are much stronger than I am :mrgreen:
    me too

why die you do that???? i don't understand !! i can't do that i would have bought..........

why??? lol

mema

Blog Entries
    Our Joanne's is having a 50% off all quilting notions and tools sale through this Saturday. Luckily, (or unluckily??) I don't have any extra money. So although I really want the big cutting mat, I just can't get it. Oh well, I guess I don't really NEED it right now..... so, it's OK!!!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Good job! I am sure that there will be some fabric at Joann's next time you go in. Not all is lost. lol

Well done on the will power - exceptionally brave of you!!!!

I'll see how I do tomorrow when I go to JoAnn's. I went yesterday and didn't do too bad, but I forgot some things and have to make another trip. Thankgoodness I have a 50% off coupon!! Get in and get out, right?

I thought this was going to be a story about bad customer service.....

Glad you kept yourself in check.

I actually had AWESOME customer service.

I couldn't find the BSA fabric, and I even called to see if they had it. The lady evenutally found it.

I was also looking for cheerleading fabric, and the girl walked around, and just as I was cashing out she said she found a blanket panel for me, and would that work.... it's for my neighbour, so I figure when I go back next weekend I'll either buy it or not.

I have 3 different areas in my house that I have fabric, but I also have a stash in our paid storage warehouse. I need to get a handle on of that before I can buy more!

Theresa

My goodness. Sounds like my sister. She is her own quilt shop.....

What great willpower. Much better than mine. I went to get some Kona cotton and ended up with way to much. I need to go shopping with you.

I am SOOOO glad I am not alone. I felt so guilty about hiding stuff, well sort of guilty.
    Wendy B

Blog Entries
    Wow, you did good, so now are you going back in a few days to buy things??

Great job! Me, my stash is too small so I get to go a little crazy when fat quarters are $1. I got 15 of them last week. But hey, that's still only $15 which isn't too bad.

Hey, guys, the story isn't over yet!

She didn't mention everything she wanted that "we" know she will soon go back for!

Good job!

I wasn't quite as successful...Had to go to Ft Worth to pick up a 16'x24' tarp for the roof of the booth and my friend and I just 'had' to check out Hancocks and Joannes on the way home. I managed to get out of Hancocks for just over $30 by only looking at what was on sale. At Joannes on the other hand...one piece on sale (got all 5-3/4 yd) and one I couldn't resist that wasn't on sale but was what my friend calls 'drop dead gorgeous'...got 2 yd of it since I really don't know exactly what I'm going to use it for but couldn't bring myself to get more at full price

Well... I do need to go back, cause I need batting for this quilt, but I figured that was a good excuse to go during a camping trip, to get away from the boy's and thier dad!!!

I am so short on space right now, that I HAVE to cut back on what I buy because the clutter is driving me crazy!!!

Theresa

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6
    Good job!

I wasn't quite as successful...Had to go to Ft Worth to pick up a 16'x24' tarp for the roof of the booth and my friend and I just 'had' to check out Hancocks and Joannes on the way home. I managed to get out of Hancocks for just over $30 by only looking at what was on sale. At Joannes on the other hand...one piece on sale (got all 5-3/4 yd) and one I couldn't resist that wasn't on sale but was what my friend calls 'drop dead gorgeous'...got 2 yd of it since I really don't know exactly what I'm going to use it for but couldn't bring myself to get more at full price
    I came over to the US last January to visit my American friend - she was having radiation therapy for cancer and I wanted to spend some time with her. One day she had to go to work (she is a star and worked through all her treatment!) She asked if I would like to be dropped at Hancocks as she was driving by and be picked up later (would I??????!!!!!)

ANYWAY

She called me and asked if I thought I could manage another hour or two in there as she had to visit someone else on the way back to the shop!! Then she stopped talking and said 'What am I saying? - why did I even call???'

We have known each other since we were 9 and I have ALWAYS been addicted to sewing (she doesn't sew a stitch!!)

It was very funny!!

When she arrived in the store SOMETIME later - I had a trolley pilled HIGH with bolts of fabric - tee hee!!!!

Does doing really well at Joann's count if you were very, very bad at the LQS?

I'm so proud of you! That wasn't so hard was it?

I think my willpower is alot better now that I realize
    I don't have to have all the fabrics I like and it sure beats the hiding and lying to my DH who does not deserve to scramble with the bills because of my overindulgence and lack of willpower.

Well done.

The good thing about JoAnn's is that they are always having sales on something. I have to resist everytime I get a coupon!

Willpower is Good Power!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast