Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I showed restraint in Joann's today... >

I showed restraint in Joann's today...

I showed restraint in Joann's today...

Old 04-16-2010, 04:29 AM

Well... I do need to go back, cause I need batting for this quilt, but I figured that was a good excuse to go during a camping trip, to get away from the boy's and thier dad!!!

I am so short on space right now, that I HAVE to cut back on what I buy because the clutter is driving me crazy!!!

Theresa
Old 04-16-2010, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Good job!

I wasn't quite as successful...Had to go to Ft Worth to pick up a 16'x24' tarp for the roof of the booth and my friend and I just 'had' to check out Hancocks and Joannes on the way home. I managed to get out of Hancocks for just over $30 by only looking at what was on sale. At Joannes on the other hand...one piece on sale (got all 5-3/4 yd) and one I couldn't resist that wasn't on sale but was what my friend calls 'drop dead gorgeous'...got 2 yd of it since I really don't know exactly what I'm going to use it for but couldn't bring myself to get more at full price
I came over to the US last January to visit my American friend - she was having radiation therapy for cancer and I wanted to spend some time with her. One day she had to go to work (she is a star and worked through all her treatment!) She asked if I would like to be dropped at Hancocks as she was driving by and be picked up later (would I??????!!!!!)

ANYWAY

She called me and asked if I thought I could manage another hour or two in there as she had to visit someone else on the way back to the shop!! Then she stopped talking and said 'What am I saying? - why did I even call???'

We have known each other since we were 9 and I have ALWAYS been addicted to sewing (she doesn't sew a stitch!!)

It was very funny!!

When she arrived in the store SOMETIME later - I had a trolley pilled HIGH with bolts of fabric - tee hee!!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:47 AM

Does doing really well at Joann's count if you were very, very bad at the LQS?
Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 AM

I'm so proud of you! That wasn't so hard was it?

I think my willpower is alot better now that I realize
I don't have to have all the fabrics I like and it sure beats the hiding and lying to my DH who does not deserve to scramble with the bills because of my overindulgence and lack of willpower.

Well done.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:31 AM

The good thing about JoAnn's is that they are always having sales on something. I have to resist everytime I get a coupon!

Willpower is Good Power!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 06:07 AM

I also restrained from buying more fabric at JoAnn's Friday. Wanted some glow in the dark thread and it was 50% off. I did buy a couple of plastic storage containers, also 50% off. I did walk through and touch the fabrics though.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

I am proud of you.
It's easy to keep buying fabric that either we may never use or have to give away, or by the time we use it, it's 'old'.
Using restraint and just doing your business,...now that took courage and saved dollars!
I am trying to learn restraint, so hearing you passed up looking at the .99 fats...you did GOOD! :thumbup:
Old 04-17-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by mary705
I also restrained from buying more fabric at JoAnn's Friday. Wanted some glow in the dark thread and it was 50% off. I did buy a couple of plastic storage containers, also 50% off. I did walk through and touch the fabrics though.
touching the fabrics is the best part lol i love it. i am soooooo addicted it hurts lol
Old 04-17-2010, 11:56 AM

CONGRATULATIONS !!! You are a stronger person than I am.....and thank you for letting me know that fat quarters are on sale for 99 cents....guess where I am headed for.........
Old 04-17-2010, 12:14 PM

I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to get some thread!