Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I spoke with the lqs owner about being overcharged (and, her response to me)..... >

I spoke with the lqs owner about being overcharged (and, her response to me).....

I spoke with the lqs owner about being overcharged (and, her response to me).....

Old 08-19-2009, 04:42 AM

It's never easy to get the point across in the "heat" of the moment. I'm so glad you were able to speak with the owner and make her aware of the situation. They can't fix what they don't know about. She has to be wondering how many other customers were driven away by the son's attitude and actions...

I'm also really glad it hasn't turned you off on the fabric and the shop. I would hate to lose any of our lqs, we need to touch that fabric, don't we?

Hugs,
Sharon
Old 08-19-2009, 05:58 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Glad to know all has ended well!

It was very nice how many people chimed in with helpful suggestions and different ways of viewing the situation. There's a lot of collective wisdom on this board!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

Oh I am so glad that this has ended well. Now your heart can be into the nice fabric that you bought that day.
Good work! We are proud of you for standing your ground.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

I do believe in communication. It is the best thing we humans have, along with two parties hearing each other, while trying to be openminded.
You certainly were gracious and understanding about it, Ethel. Your right, he probably is inexperienced, and underneath, maybe even a little intimidated by his awareness of it. I bet deep down, under the defensive guise, he really didn't feel good about it.
So glad for you, that you got the closure you were hoping for, can feel good about to continuing to shop there, and got your credit.
Let us know if you take a class. They aren't available to me, and my pc runs too slow for online, but I do read a lot of quilting books. I would love to have some hands on, and the visual, and of course, the social...woo hoo! :D
Old 08-19-2009, 08:10 AM

Glad it all worked out in the end. Hope you will be able to work on that quilt and have no regrets.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:12 AM

Another update.....I received a phone call from the son. He called to apologize to me for the way he handled the situation. We're all good, now.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 AM

Great! Glad he called and apologized and all is well!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

Wonderful. I'm so glad you talked to her and having the son call helps even more. How nice to know she was willing to take care of you and keep you as a customer.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:07 PM

Wonderful news!!! It's a relief to hear there are still people willing to admit their wrong of others.

Hugs,
Sharon
Old 08-19-2009, 06:09 PM

Great updates from you, Ethel, thanks for sharing the conclusion to this with us. So glad it worked out so well.