Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I WANT a LA - but where to put it?  They are huge! >

I WANT a LA - but where to put it? They are huge!

I WANT a LA - but where to put it? They are huge!

Old 03-18-2013, 03:38 AM

I am super fortunate that my family is extremely tolerant of my quilting obsession!!! I put mine in my second living room!!! LOL* Many evenings you will find me quilting right along next to the Husband as he watches baseball!!

I also bought it to earn some extra quilting as I quilt as a business. I think knowing I'd earn a little money with it enticed the Husband to be willing to give up a part of the house! Lol*
Old 03-18-2013, 03:50 AM

Talked the hubby into adding a room ''man cave'' so I could have the den as a sewing room
Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 AM

My husband enclosed our screen-in back porch for my Gammill. I share it with the freezer and washer and dryer but I have plenty of room. My sewing room is in a bedroom.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:19 AM

Yeah, me too. I'd love one and my husband gave the to-ahead, but no room!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 AM

My LA is in my dining room since January. How often do we really use the dining room. Plan to remodel part of the garage at a later date.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 AM

we are converting our large shop into a sewing room with a bathroom. I can't wait. Its going to be so great!!!!! Like a little kid in a candy store. Hurry Hurry Hurry
Old 03-18-2013, 07:48 AM

Because my sewing room was so small, we ended up putting the quilting machine/frame in the den, which eventually became my sewing room. They do take up a lot of space, but with the economy as it is, quilting by check is too expensive.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:00 AM

I'm not seeing how the guest room would work, it's 14x14, so wouldn't be able to move around it.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 AM

I have my LA in the DR. It's just hubby & me and we always eat in the kitchen so....it went in the DR. The room is small, 9' x 12' so the machine sits in the very middle of the room. I can do up to 115" quilts (works for me), store the rolls of batting under the machine and have a metal book case for other items. My thread rack is on the wall and have a rack that hangs over the back of the door to put folded quilts on. Your garage would work just fine if you insulate the walls and put something in the floor to help hold in the heat in winter and small air cond. for the summer.
You could also use a fold up couch in you spare BD for guests as 14' x 14' foot work be snug, but would work. Hmmm....like quiltyfeelings said....is a kitchen essential. LOL
Old 03-18-2013, 11:21 AM

I knocked a wall out and made a big den, it takes up half of the room for it is 14' long. I love her and don't regret the missing wall at all