Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I WANT a LA - but where to put it?  They are huge! >

I WANT a LA - but where to put it? They are huge!

I WANT a LA - but where to put it? They are huge!

Old 03-19-2013, 04:53 AM

I have a Babylock Crown Jewel and I love it!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by karenann2013 View Post
My first time here but I have to tell you I now have a Juki and 10 ft frame in my........entry hall. lol Everyone who visits comes to the back door so my 10 x 6 entry hall is juuuussst big enough. In fact, my new babylock crown jewel was shipped today and if it is too loud, then I dare my hubby to clean out the junk building and I will gladly move. I also have 2 sewing machines in my great room that is semi open to the entry hall. I use the dining table to do my cutting and it all works fine. Where there is a will, there is a way.
Good luck to you
I don't know that your Babylock will be loud enough. Mine is only slightly louder than my domestic machine. But it's louder when I go fast. So maybe if you're fast you can make enough noise to get a new space? Though I have to warn you, going fast is what causes most of my thread breaks. Enjoy though, it's a great machine. :-)
Old 03-19-2013, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by bigredharley View Post
looked at the "sit down" machines where you move the fabric, and I'm not that coordinated. I figure with a "big" LA I can use templates and trace my way through until I can get the hang of it.
I always suggest for anyone thinking of purchasing a longarm to take a class and see if they like doing this. It's more complicated and uses more exertion then we ever thought before the class. The class and doing a rental was well worth the investment.

I was worn out just getting it loaded correctly. It has to be loaded right for the panto to work out. I did a panto and that was complicated too, b/c of where you start and finish, how to roll the quilt, etc. We probably wore the lady out too as she kept having to help us along. My friend worked on a groovy board... just as complicated. I worked on the HQ, but my friend worked on the APQS and that thing was like pushing 30lbs of machine around all day.

I took a day class and then quilted for a day and then had to rest for two days. I decided the sit down was the way to go after that...still can plan out whole patterns and have enough room to not have to wrestle it through. The HQ Sweet Sixteen now offers a regulator, which I have and love.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 AM

I have Grace Majestic frame which is give or take about 11-12 feet long. Originally, we planned to put it in our family room BUT when you consider that I need a few feet behind the frame, at least two feet at each side and ample space in front, we realized that it simply would not work. We rolled up our sleeves, cleared the basement which is not finished but is dry and we put it there together with my sewing room. I love it there, my little underground sanctuary. Good luck!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 AM

[QUOTE=leakus;5933927]Wish I knew. I have a sewing room but it wouldn't fit. Cannot take over the guess room. QUOTE]

Okay, I know it was a typo.... but now I know exactly what to call a couple of rooms in my house - "Guess Rooms!" And my guess rooms have a real bad case of guess closets. The smile on my face is going to stay all day. Thank you Leakus!

Lin
Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 PM

If my husband was OK with me getting a LA I'd find somewhere to put it
Old 03-24-2013, 01:54 PM

I was sure hoping to win the lottery last night -- would have purchased a huge warehouse and filled it with LA's for all of us who don't have room. Could you imagine the fun of that? Energy and enthusiasm would burst from the place! And the company would be the best. Aw, well, dreams are good for the soul -- leave us with hope and goals.

Hope you find room for your dream!