Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Want a new machine >

I Want a new machine

I Want a new machine

Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 PM

Default I Want a new machine

I have been looking at the Juki's. Does anyone have/had one or know how they rate for free motion quilting? Thanks Syl
Old 01-12-2014, 09:13 PM

I had a Juki TL-98E for a number of yeas. It is a straight-stitch machine, but was fantastic for free motion quilting, as well as piecing. It went to live with my daughter when I bought a sit-down quilting machine. I've never heard anything negative about any of the Juki's. Good luck with your hunt! Betty
Old 01-13-2014, 02:23 AM

I have the Juki TL2010q that has been perfect from day one. I love it! I have never had to mess with the tension, has worked with any kind of thread I've tried and sews beautifully...fast too! I bought it sight unseen after reading so many positive reviews.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:17 AM

I have a Juki TL 98Q and I LOVE it...she works great for piecing and free motion!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:14 AM

I have a 98Q that I used to threaten to throw out the window because of tension issues. I discovered that it didn't like being on a frame. Now I just use it for straight piecing. I have done some FMQ on it, but that little sucker moves faster than my brain does. It's a really well-made machine.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:19 PM

I just bought a Juki 2010Q last saturday (Jan 11). I wish I had bought one sooner. It is the bomb.com for free motion quilting. A simple machine -- straight stitch only, no computer board. It doesn't tell me what to do by flashing a message on a screen. I do have a Janome with all the bells and whistles, but this Juki will be my go to for piecing and FMQ. I bought it from a dealer in The Woodlands, TX for less than I found anywhere else on the internet. She is still selling the 2010Q at her quilt show price. Hope this helps.