Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I went and did it - I opened my mouth and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! >

I went and did it - I opened my mouth and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

I went and did it - I opened my mouth and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

Old 04-16-2010, 09:02 AM

Coffe Clutch warmers are great to make for a fund raiser, uses up all your scraps. Pattern can be purchased at
http://www.thesewphisticatedstitcher...utacoclpa.html
if that doesn't work just type June Tailor coffee Clutch into google then look for that site. Happy quilting
Old 04-16-2010, 12:42 PM

Good luck, I'm sure it will be beautiful. My family comes from Trim.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM

it just depends what you garden,i think.I see plenty of floweres and plants etc,just have to be more dedicated to watering,which i am not.My great grandmother was born in Blacksod Bay,Bellmullet,County Mayo
Old 04-16-2010, 12:56 PM

Oh dear... been there too.

What is it about us quilters that seem to engage the mouth before the brain when volunteering our creative endevours.

:roll: :-D
Old 04-16-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
it just depends what you garden,i think.I see plenty of floweres and plants etc,just have to be more dedicated to watering,which i am not.My great grandmother was born in Blacksod Bay,Bellmullet,County Mayo
I'm not very familiar with a lot of places in Ireland! We have lived here for five years - the first 3 we worked flat out on our old house. Lately I have been getting about around County Limerick...

We have great family plans for exploring this lovely island we find ourselves on...

I garden both flowers and vegetables etc. We have a large garden and try to produce as much of our own foods as we can (obviously still end up in the supermarket for lots of things!)

Its a busy time of year for the garden - getting planted up - but once everything is in its pretty easy to keep on top of. (then I'll have more time to sew!)
Old 04-17-2010, 05:12 AM

Good luck - sounds like you have it under control
Old 04-17-2010, 06:01 AM

I did the same thing a little less than a month ago! I was asked to donate soemthing nice for a silent auction for a Lions Club fundraiser. I said I could make a quilt with only about 4.5 weeks to do it. Why oh why didn't I say a quilted table runner?? I made a diappearing 9 patch and I've never made one before. I'm actually a beginner quilter although I've been sewing since I was a kid. I also happen to be working about 10hrs/day so I new I really had to apply myself. I finished the top last week and was going to tie it using strands of embroidery thread since I didn't want to pay to have it quilted. A DF of mine said she'd do it for free. I got it back last night and will put the binding on this weekend. The fundraiser is a week from today. So it'll be finished in plenty of time. It's 55"x65".
Old 04-17-2010, 07:13 AM

We raffled off a quilt for our Harley Owners Group, and raised $900.00. It was totally done by hand. We purchased bandanas with the Harley motif. Each member did one or two at home. When we finished those, we spent the night at a Holiday Inn in a large suite, where we did the sashing and finished. It was great fun for a good cause, and everyone was impressed with our handiwork!!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wvdek
What size shoe do you wear???

:roll: :roll: :lol: :oops:
LOL...been there! want a glass of water? hee hee hee
sounds like you have a plan, and like someone said...you'll end up with more quilters in the group...for next time.
You will learn to keep a lock on the gator (piehole...um mouth, silly)...and somebody else that has taken up 'THE' hobby/way of life, is more like it...will stick their mudstomper in and you can be a cheerleader instead of team captain...hip, hip, hooray!:XD:
Old 04-17-2010, 08:37 AM

Having lived in the desert, I can tell you that it's not hard to garden--you just have to grow different things. Like cactus!