Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I went and did it - I opened my mouth and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! >

I went and did it - I opened my mouth and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

I went and did it - I opened my mouth and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

Old 04-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Good luck, and pray that everybody uses the same size seam allowance!!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by jdavis
Good luck, and pray that everybody uses the same size seam allowance!!!!
OH GOD! That is my biggest nightmare! My husband (who quilts) and I were discussing that this morning over coffee!! We were trying to decide if it was easier to cut and deliver strips, explaining the seams etc and then unpick some - or just make it oursleves and get it done in a day!!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleBecca
Originally Posted by GrannyW5
That happened to me about 8 years ago. A doctor that we worked for was retiring and the ladies were wondering what to give her for a gift. Suddenly I heard myself saying "make a quilt!!"
I gave them a crash course on quilting and everyine helped. It was fun and the ladies really enjoyed learning. Several are still quilting. Just pick an easy pattern like "warm wishes." Most people can sew a straight line.
Good luck!!
Glad I am not the only one!!! I was thinking of making the Roman Stripe again (my Avatar) I have loads of fabrics in pinks and reds (very girly) and having done it before I wont have any surprises!! I thought I could cut the strips and hand them out for piecing.

I will post the finished thing!

Of course I love the idea of delegating all the cooking etc instead!! Unfortunately I have a sitting room full of alterations and repairs to do for clients as well as a set of church vestments to finish restoring - I can't delegate those!!!

And a garden that needs digging and planting ...........
Oh, your life sounds just like mine. I have a round robin quilt square on my design board waiting for the next border in order to be sent on, and about 6 partly done quilts, and I've started doing sewing alterations for a retirement residence, so I've got about 6 things piled up "to be done", and tomorrow's my day of volunteering at a thrift shop. But life is good, and filled with things I love to do, so that's the main thing.

I admire you for offering to make the quilt - your avatar is beautiful, and if the pattern is pretty straightforward to do, there should be no surprises (touch wood!). You go girl!!!