Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I will not be held captive today!

Blog Entries

Cool I will not be held captive today!

I will not let this board keep me captive all day today therefore keeping me from getting anything done. I have a quilt to square-up and binding to sew, and a block of the month to make. Now I have to tell my DH to hide my IPAD and do not allow me on the PC. Wish me luck!
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Yes, you will. You are already captive just like me. I need to be cleaning as my future MIL will be visiting tomorrow; I just don't feel like it right now. LOL Good luck though!!

I am unfortunately being held captive by CHORES. We're redecorating the family room - huge job. I also need to mow the lawn and the rest of the house has suffered from general cleaning duties since the family room project began.

As for sewing though - this family room project comes at a good time. My husbands daughter is expecting and she's having a scan Wednesday to determine if I make a pink quilt or a blue quilt

I will however be taking my breaks here on the board
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Good Luck!!!!

Blog Entries
    I finished my house blessing (housework) with DH's help to move the fridge and freezer away from the wall. If those appliances aren't moved every six weeks the amount of dust is disgusting. Where does all that stuff come from? LOL. I don't like surprises when any of my furniture is moved. The house is clean, dinner tonight is a salad, DH will be occupied with whatever he went to Lowe's to buy this morning, so I will be in my sewing room the rest of the day. I am making a quilted prayer shawl for my guild's sale table.
    Got fabric?

Go for it Joyce!!!! I limit myself to one hour a day to be on the QB. Otherwise I would not get anything done.
    Sweet Caroline

I look at this board for about half hour in the mornings. Then at the end of the day, I go on and stay on as long as I want to. Usually by this time, everything is done that "needs" to be done and this is my time.

Good luck. I have lowered my computer time when this board changed. It really was a blessing for me. It's the other boards that can get me in trouble now LOL! Post what you accomplish when you dare get back on here

Like you I have backed up quilting to do but here I set looking at the beautiful quilts others are posting and chatting away. We are all so hooked. What fun.

I get on here every morning while Im drinking my coffee, then Im in my sewing room. In the evening when I can't sew anymore, I get back on here, while I watch TV.

Some days I am only here for a few minutes, other days, most of the day is spent wandering around the board
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Not to be flip but somedays it feels like the Hotel California. I can never leave.
    Jan Marie
    http://www.quiltwalktalk.blogspot.com
    "You may be sorry that you spoke, sorry you stayed or went, sorry you won or lost, sorry so much was spent. But as you go through life, you'll find you're never sorry you were kind."
    Herbert V. Prochnow

I have stopped by for a dose of happiness and sanity....I haven't had too much time for quilting lately, but have been managing a couple of hours in the evenings working on my GFG (only edge rings of 18 blocks to go then I get to join it all together). I am hoping to finish the top by the end of this year, then next year will be the handquilting. I have 4 other quilts on the go, a denim, a chair throw, a string for my future DIL Rachel, and a random scrappy QS for our bed. Family dramas and some repairs after a tree fall have been keeping me from my machine....I love this board....a constant inspiration and of course, knowing there are other like minds out there in the world, gives me a boost when things are looking a bit grim

I haven't been held captive since they changed the format. I'm here 10-15 minutes tops. Seems as though there are so many repeats every day. I loved the old board but perhaps this is much better for me; I am doing much more quilting than reading. Actually feels good!
    "Worry is about doing something you can do nothing about."

Blog Entries
    I too let this board capture me.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Blog Entries
    It's an addiction to those of us with access. You are wise to "STEP AWAY FROM THE SCREEN" and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
    Like you I have backed up quilting to do but here I set looking at the beautiful quilts others are posting and chatting away. We are all so hooked. What fun.
    Exactly! Now not only am I hooked on quilting but also on this board, too! Now if I could get just as addicted to cleaning & dieting... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Yeah yeah yeah...how will you know if we reply? I check it out in the morning and then run away while I can.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
    I will not let this board keep me captive all day today therefore keeping me from getting anything done. I have a quilt to square-up and binding to sew, and a block of the month to make. Now I have to tell my DH to hide my IPAD and do not allow me on the PC. Wish me luck!
    LOL! I'll join you! My UFOs have increased, but I keep coming back to check this Board. Heavens! Nosy me doesn't want to miss anything! LOL Good to know I'm not alone here!!

i must have access to my Quilting Board every morning before I head off to work with my coffee. Gives me great pleasure before dealing with work.

I love this board. I joined after it was the "new Board" so I don't know any thing different. But I do come on in the morning and then at night. Inbetween I am sewing, knitting or reading. Books on Tapes makes it so I can multitask.

Barb
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

When I don't have work at my job, I check the board. After I get home and do my chores, I sew on the super scrappy log cabin quilt I am making. I get back on here and play computer game, drag off to bed and start over again.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Words with Friends on Facebook has become a detriment to my getting anything done, but I had to give four final exams in two days to end the Spring semester at school, grades need to be done by 3:00 on Thursday, have a 30-shirt t-shirt quilt that needs to be done by Saturday (I am in the process of sewing sashing to shirts) and I want to spend a day out-of-town with my husband. And, BTW summer school starts on Monday and I don't have my syllabus written. (How do you spell busy? Can I get it on a triple word space?)

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    Exactly! Now not only am I hooked on quilting but also on this board, too! Now if I could get just as addicted to cleaning & dieting... LOL!
    Boy Howdy girl you got that right!!
    I don't drink, don't smoke, don't buy myself much of anything and this is mine, mine, mine!! I DARE anyone to take this away from me!!
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts View Post
    Good luck. I have lowered my computer time when this board changed. It really was a blessing for me. It's the other boards that can get me in trouble now LOL! Post what you accomplish when you dare get back on here
    There are OTHER boards? Where are they?
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast