Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'd love to hear about the Pfaff Creative 3.0 >

I'd love to hear about the Pfaff Creative 3.0

I'd love to hear about the Pfaff Creative 3.0

Old 08-31-2015, 03:08 PM

Default I'd love to hear about the Pfaff Creative 3.0

Is there anyone that has the Creative 3.0 and what do you think of it? I've been considering purchasing it but have not found much info as far as customer satisfaction. Mainly using it for quilting. Thanks if you can help
Old 08-31-2015, 03:43 PM

I have the Performance 5.0 and love it. I checked Pattern Review that has some Pfaff reviews, but not Creative 3.0
http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...&Submit=Search
and then I googled
https://www.google.com/search?source....0.hBX-mrR1gdo
Old 08-31-2015, 06:36 PM

thank you emmy!!
Old 09-01-2015, 03:06 AM

Do you use the 5.0 for quilting?
Old 09-01-2015, 08:18 PM

I would like to know what you think out there..those of you who do own a new Pfaff...I have one from the 60's that I got at a dump store thift store for $10 (with a good cabinet) and I have enjoyed sewing on it..........and my Bernina is once more back in the shop...getting to be a yearly thing and its only about 7-8 years old......I am thinking of buying something else and would love to know what you think about the Pfaff if you have one.....
Old 09-01-2015, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
I would like to know what you think out there..those of you who do own a new Pfaff...I have one from the 60's that I got at a dump store thift store for $10 (with a good cabinet) and I have enjoyed sewing on it..........and my Bernina is once more back in the shop...getting to be a yearly thing and its only about 7-8 years old......I am thinking of buying something else and would love to know what you think about the Pfaff if you have one.....
I have the Quilt Expression 4.0 and the Performance 5. It's no secret I hated my first QE 4.0 - the machine was a dud and was replaced by a new one after three months. It really put me off !

Now, it's unlikely I'd buy any other brand, the IDT (built-in walking foot) is sooooo good, as well as the auto-pivot function, it's spoilt me for anything less, lol. I love playing around with the Stitch Creator and customising and creating my own stitches .

Before I bought the Performance 5, I went to a quilt show with the intention of buying a Bernina. Apart from the fact the sales person was rude and there isn't a dealer for 250 miles, it just didn't compare with the Pfaffs - you still have to put on an extra walking foot (at considerable cost!) for quilting layers. In effect, I'd be paying and extra £1000/$1600 for the stitch regulator which I found turgid and 'draggy'.

Originally Posted by aQuiltist View Post
Do you use the 5.0 for quilting?
The Performance 5 has 3 FMQ modes - I use the Sensormatic, where the foot 'hovers' above the fabric.

There's a great video here - be warned - it's nearly an hour long! Happy quilting.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:35 PM

I have the Pfaff 2038...she's a few years old, but has the IDT foot, which I love. The only thing that upsets me is that the dealer I purchased her from closed the doors so I have no local dealer to take her to for servicing...I have to drive a bit over an hour to a dealer. Does she sew beautifully? You bet!