Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Idea for binding >

Idea for binding

Idea for binding

Old 04-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

Great idea! I started using Wonder Clips to hold all the binding strip around the quilt before I sew it on. No strip to worry with.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Great idea! I started using Wonder Clips to hold all the binding strip around the quilt before I sew it on. No strip to worry with.
This is what I do too. Love those Wonder clips.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:04 PM

I cut a slit in the top of a hinged cardboard shoe box, roll the binding on a paper towel tube and feed the end through the slit. The box sits at my feet. Works great and doesn't twist or get caught on anything as it feeds out.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:07 PM

Love your table! Could you share the brand?
Old 04-25-2016, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by vcquan View Post
Love your table! Could you share the brand?
I'm not KSDOT, but I see that you asked a couple of days ago so maybe I can give some information to your question

It appears to be the same as mine, which is Horn Brand. I've had mine since mid-late 90's with the air lift, which allows you to lift and lower the sewing machine. Mine is a quilter's dream which has a drop leaf table on the backside. I also purchased a Horn set of drawers that holds threads. The Horn cabinets in my experience are extremely well made.

I asked the sewing center that handled this brand to let me know when they were going to sell their floor models and was able to purchase the 'in perfect condition' cabinets at a significant discount.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 04-25-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:58 PM

I'm with, Misty's Mom, ArlaJo & DebraK about using a basket at my feet for bindings. After ironing in half I let the Binding fall into the basket in layering piles. The Binding comes right up to my machine without twists or tangles. I have a little plastic basket I use. Works like a charm.😁
Old 04-26-2016, 06:10 PM

Thanks for answering the question about the brand. I've been away from my computer and hadn't logged in for awhile. That is the model I have and really love it.

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
[COLOR=#0000CD]I'm not KSDOT, but I see that you asked a couple of days ago so maybe I can give some information to your question[/COLOR
It appears to be the same as mine, which is Horn Brand. I've had mine since mid-late 90's with the air lift, which allows you to lift and lower the sewing machine. Mine is a quilter's dream which has a drop leaf table on the backside. I also purchased a Horn set of drawers that holds threads. The Horn cabinets in my experience are extremely well made.

I asked the sewing center that handled this brand to let me know when they were going to sell their floor models and was able to purchase the 'in perfect condition' cabinets at a significant discount.