Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ideas for an easy Hawaiian table decor project?!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Out of left field, I have been asked to make something for a Hawaiian themed event- I am a long way from Hawaii (although I did pass through once!) I guess I can find some tropical floral fabric easily enough but I don't have much time---- any suggestions?!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
    Out of left field, I have been asked to make something for a Hawaiian themed event- I am a long way from Hawaii (although I did pass through once!) I guess I can find some tropical floral fabric easily enough but I don't have much time---- any suggestions?!!!!
    Hi, I was in Maui recently and took a traditional hawaiian quilt class. It was an applique using one of the many hawaiian designs like a pineapple, or plumeria, hibiscus, or bird of paradise. Anyway you could pick something like that and do a fusible applique to make it quicker using any of the beautiful batiks to give it the hawaiian flair. There are all sorts of patterns out there for that.

Good luck,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

How soon would you have to make something for this and what are they wanting.....table decoration, prize, etc.???

Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Quote Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
    Hi, I was in Maui recently and took a traditional hawaiian quilt class. It was an applique using one of the many hawaiian designs like a pineapple, or plumeria, hibiscus, or bird of paradise. Anyway you could pick something like that and do a fusible applique to make it quicker using any of the beautiful batiks to give it the hawaiian flair. There are all sorts of patterns out there for that.

Good luck,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    That is my impression of a Hawaiian quilt. I think they ae gorgeous!!!

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Hi I was in Hawaii last Feb. all the quilts I saw were applique. Very bright colors and as the previous poster said they were of hawaiian designs. The hotel we stayed at had several hung as wall decor. I am not sure I took many pitures of them but if I can find any I will post so you can see.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your replies. It is table decor they want, and there are going to be too many tables for me to make each one a proper Hawaiian quilt topper, much as I would love to!

Maybe I could get some fabric and applique little shirts and maybe do a broderie perse with some floral fabric.

Or maybe I'll offer to do flowers instead.....

Blog Entries
    double post