Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ideas for mini quilt for St Pat's Day Theme

Ideas for mini quilt for St Pat's Day Theme

I'm looking for ideas to make a mini quilt to display for St Pat's Day. I have a table stand that will take 12.5" wide max by 15" tall (max sizes). I usually make about 12 X 12....anyone have a good design they can share? Thanks, Cathy in MD

http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-7...oden-bear.aspx

This isn't a free pattern and would need tweaking to size, but it might give you some ideas.

Another one: http://www.paperpanache.com/ecart/Plep.htm

Try putting a few images from free colouring pages together to make a cute wallhanging. http://www.coloring-page.net/st-patricks-day.html
    Last edited by thimblebug6000; 02-14-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: add link

Banned
    I made a crib size using the rail fence design and used the colors of the Irish flag. I then qulted the whitestrip with a vine of shamrocks. It looked realy good. Was easy except the quilting. It took a bit of time to do that. The quilting design came from The Stencil Co.

Celtic design could be easily made into small quilt. Just google celtic knot. Grouped hearts make a cute 4 leaf clover. Cant wait to see what you come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by piledriver View Post
    I'm looking for ideas to make a mini quilt to display for St Pat's Day. I have a table stand that will take 12.5" wide max by 15" tall (max sizes). I usually make about 12 X 12....anyone have a good design they can share? Thanks, Cathy in MD
    I've downloaded everything Irish from: http://store.doverpublications.com/b...ick-s-day.html. Some of their Celtic designs can be used for quilting borders. I love this site!
    Teresa

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.

THIMBLEBUG6000
    That "Coloring Page" link was the score of scores! Thank you! I work at an elementary school and I've already passed that link on to the art teachers! Soooooooooo many fun little ideas for the kids!
    Thanks!!
    "It's a *fine line* between HOBBY and MENTAL ILLNESS"~ Dave Barry

Blog Entries
    I made a small twister in a wreath design it had sparkly shamrocks on it and was very pretty. Did the charm size squares and think the twister tool was 3 1/2"? There are patterns here on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat P View Post
    I made a small twister in a wreath design it had sparkly shamrocks on it and was very pretty. Did the charm size squares and think the twister tool was 3 1/2"? There are patterns here on board.
    A Twister Wreath can be made to fit on the 12 x 12 hanger, you just have to use 3 1/2" squares and the Primitive Pinwheel Tool. You don't have much room, but can add a 1" border if you really want...otherwise, make the wreath and just bind it.

You could do a small rainbow with an aplliqued pot of gold at the end and make the gold coins 3D.