Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas wanted for making queen size quilt with a panel..please. >

Ideas wanted for making queen size quilt with a panel..please.

Ideas wanted for making queen size quilt with a panel..please.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:46 AM

I think you have some wonderful ideas already. I loved what the other ladies suggested. WHen I have a panel and I want to make a twin sized one, I just add strips in coordinating colors. But since you have other horse fabric and want to make a queen sized, I'd definitely get more creative...also because it is for your granddaughter and not a charity quilt. (I've done charity Spiderman and Batman quilts this way...just by adding borders.).

Since you have so much space on each side, the sky is the limit...really.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 AM

I wish I were at home now and I would post the picture of the panel I have. It's wider than it is tall. And I love all the ideas you've come up with. I have some great pics of her on her horse, as well. Even thought of doing something with those maybe on the reverse side.....still thinking cause right now I have the time to do so.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 AM

Beautiful work on the snow white quilt - I am doing a Laurl Burch quilt with the mythical horse panel, and you have given me inspirations!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:41 PM

My avatar is a panel quilt that grew to a double or maybe queen from a panel. I hope you can tell a little from looking at it. Ended up with some picture diamonds above and below panel and then just borders. I know she would love pictures of her horses and herself on it also. Great idea. Skangel your harvest panel quilt is beautiful! I looked at that in Keepsake quilting catalog. Just panel and borders. I love the extra borders and pinwheels. It flies! like the falling leaves!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]339266[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]339268[/ATTACH] here's a couple different panal quilts- the Amazing Grace quilt is a king sized quilt- you just need to make blocks you like and start surrounding your panal- adding borders/blocks as you like....panals can make pretty spectacular quilts!
Attached Thumbnails sarahs-quilt.jpg   janeenes-amazing-grace.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Jim

I add borders or blocks all the way around to enlarge the quilt. I am almost finished with a deer panel for my son. I added coordinating fall colors and a wider strip of fall leaves. I prissy cut around about 50 leaves and arranged them all over the borders to look as if they were falling and appliqued them on.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Jim

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339266[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]339268[/ATTACH] here's a couple different panal quilts- the Amazing Grace quilt is a king sized quilt- you just need to make blocks you like and start surrounding your panal- adding borders/blocks as you like....panals can make pretty spectacular quilts!
CKCOWL your AMAZING GRACE panel quilt is gorgeous
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 AM

Skyangel, that is beautiful. Just lovely colors and highlights the panel and lushness of the colors. Wow.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 AM

ckcowl, your quilts are really stunning. I really like that log cabin block you did on the Amazing Grace quilt. And, skyangel if that is your quilt pictured....WOW. I couldn't tell if that was the one from Timeless Treasures or yours. But you have all given me some great ideas to ponder. Thank you so much.
Sandy