Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas for wedding quilts other than signing and double ring >

Ideas for wedding quilts other than signing and double ring

Ideas for wedding quilts other than signing and double ring

Old 03-09-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590440[/ATTACH]

This is a Labyrinth quilt I made for BFF's daughter's wedding last summer. Mine happens to be ginormous but you could certainly make something smaller and it's surprisingly easy too.
Very nice! I like the idea of the intertwined squares for a wedding quilt.

Wow, how tall are the people behind the quilt holding it up?
Old 03-09-2018, 04:13 PM

Ricky Tims' Convergence quilt was a design I did for my niece's wedding. I thought that name goes with the idea of a wedding.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:33 AM

morel cabin creations, from this moment wedding quilt. What size is it? Thanks
Old 03-10-2018, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
My advice is any pattern you love to make. But don't ask what their "colors" are or themes. I made that mistake once and ended up with a really weird color combination that they quickly grew out of and wanted another quilt. The best advice I have heard after that was to make a neutral color quilt. Many couples start with a king size bed which is a huge quilt. Think about a throw size. You will be glad you did. Young couples change styles often.
I am about to start a wedding quilt and was thinking of using neutrals as I have found what you mentioned to be very true. My problem is what is considered neutrals, I have been putting off purchasing my fabric as I just don't know exactly what is considered neutral and goes with everything. I would really appreciate input on this delema I have going on in my head.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:26 AM

Pick two designs.. Do a quarter to third one design for ‘hers’ on one side and the other design on ‘his’ side. Then blend them together in middle for them uniting. OR one design but do with ‘his’ and ‘hers’ colors, blending to unite in center. This alternative leaves open for you to do whatever design you want. Even a simple design would work.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:30 AM

Default Morel Cabin Creation

I made one too, I used squares signed by her closest friends, it came out pretty good
Attached Thumbnails serena-signature.jpg  
Old 03-10-2018, 10:24 AM

One of my favorite and now go to patterns was a large heart with simple HST and squares. I saw the pixilated heart pattern and liked it but liked the edges that a HST would better define. I saw small blocks of a single heart that were more what I liked. So I sketched out the heart and where I wanted the HST I used 5 inch finished blocks. I asked the family what color the living room was and what colors they used and made a large lap quilt made for couch and snuggling. I FMQ their names and dates onto it and put it on the label as well. I used a ton of left over fabrics in the purples for the heart they both liked purple and in the tan backgrounds.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

MariaM, I too, like to give a Christmas quilt. Here are some samples of what I have done for extended family and friends

Modern tree quilt is fast and easy

It's a blue Christmas, but not in spirit!

Which one do you like? Christmas is coming--two of a kind
Old 03-12-2018, 02:29 PM

Default Wedding quilt idea

A woman in my quilting guild made a sunflowers quilt as a wedding gift. I believe she brought petals with her and people signed them, then she made sunflowers of them. I was very impressed, and not at all traditional but lovely, and natural. I couldn’t get a pic of the entire quilt to load, but had numerous flowers scattered over it.
Attached Thumbnails 25a8afaa-ea81-446f-9434-2525898f8aaf.jpeg   3e291608-ce02-4077-9aff-db833ce8fb55.jpeg  
Old 03-22-2018, 06:04 AM

j.muir - The pattern says "approximately 64" x 60".