Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you could make any quilt, regardless of how advanced it is... >

If you could make any quilt, regardless of how advanced it is...

If you could make any quilt, regardless of how advanced it is...

Old 09-21-2013, 01:10 PM

Dear Jane, DWR and one I have a rough design for in my head....
Old 09-21-2013, 01:54 PM

These are beyond my patience capacity...Cathedral Window and Dear Jane.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:35 PM

I want to make a New York Beauty. One day...
Old 09-21-2013, 02:48 PM

I want to one day do a Storm at Sea. I'd also like to applique a Mariners Compass on it or piece it and work it into pattern. I'm not exactly intimidated. But, I really don't have the fabrics or pattern yet. I'm am looking for the paperpiece pattern for it. It is one of my top must do someday pics. (I want to do it in the traditional blues and white!)
Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM

I agree with DoghouseMom, I want to make a Baltimore but dont feel I have the skills. I think most of us doubt ourselves especially us newbies. The one thing I have learned especially this past weekend that you are probably better than you think you are. I entered a show and thought oh boy I am so out of my league here and took first on two of my pieces. People always tell me how good I am but since I am fairly new I doubt it. I have now decided to tackle that Baltimore this year since I love applique so just sump in there and go for it. If it doesnt come out perfect oh well most of our dont and you can always keep it for yourself or give it to a friend who will surely love it since you thought of them and took the time. good luck
Old 09-21-2013, 03:01 PM

I love Jacqueline de Jonge's quilts, especially the Colourful quilt. Also, love the New York Beauty blocks. And Smokey River. And just about any Judy Neimeyer pattern. Are my skills up to any of these? Maybe the New York Beauty blocks. They are easier than they look. Definitely need some more practice before I tackle any of the others.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
what quilt have you wanted to make for a long time but haven't because you've felt either intimidated by it or haven't had the time to make it? I'm making Amy Gibson's 'Tilt a Whirl' that is all paper pieced and making it one row wider and one row longer. And I'm using my all time favorite fabric that I've been saving forever. It's a fatquarter bundle. I had to print 120 pieces of Carol Doak's paper out of my printer as the Copy Club's printer wouldn't take Carol's paper. I've been sick for a while and am so wanting to make this quilt. I'm hoping to cut some of the pieces today. Do just a little bit on it. I feel intimidated by it, but I'm going for it. What quilt would you make?
I stick to really supersimple quilts. I do have the fabric for a Storm at Sea. The darkest is black with white and blue stars. The mid blue is a paisley in black but the mid blue dominates. And the white is a tonal that is more paisley. If this fabric combo doesn't make a fabulous SAS, I'll eat my scissors. I've do the sample--------------just have not committed to doing the whole thing.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

mine is storm at sea or dbl wed ring. both my son asked for when he was about 3-4. he's now 23 and asking for a Rolex for Christmas. those quilts are sounding better and better. he's all quilted up for a while though. I did make him a white on white though.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

marinars compass is easy, I took a classs avout 25 yrs ago, I did it all by hand, sut it wasn't difficult, just sew two pcs together at a time. if you're sewing 3 you're putting in a ruffle. try it.
SAS is just time consuming.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

I have always wanted to make either a Dresden Plate or Double Wedding Ring, but feel as though I lack the expertise. Corners scare me a bit, so I stick to straight lines.