Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you had to choose one Lancaster County PA quilt shop... >

If you had to choose one Lancaster County PA quilt shop...

If you had to choose one Lancaster County PA quilt shop...

Old 08-27-2012, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by kacklebird View Post
Mrs. Fitz
Was Sauder's in the downstairs/basement of a home? My mom and I went on a bus trip to Lancaster to a bunch of different quilting stores and there was one that had candy and I think a few spices ,etc that I loved. Did they have some quilting patterns that were marked down too in a separate bin/container? We can't remember the name of it. We've been to Zook's and Good's on our own when we weren't on a bus trip. Been to the yummy Shady Maple Smorgasboard too. You've got to go to Good's like another member mentioned for sure. Especially to hit the Shady Maple Smorgasboard. It is scrumpdillyicious
I LOVE Good's, they have flat fold of cotton fabric for $2.99 a yard.
Every time I'm in Lancaster I go there.
They also have bolts of fabric that are more money but still less then the LQS.
Have fun.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
ro
Banned

Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
I LOVE Good's, they have flat fold of cotton fabric for $2.99 a yard.
Every time I'm in Lancaster I go there.
They also have bolts of fabric that are more money but still less then the LQS.
Have fun.
by far the best is martin's. $3.79 flat fold and there are tables loaded w/fabrics of all themes. the also have nice selection of double sided quilted $9; and shelves of all the popular brands of fabric at reasonable prices. obie's is as big as your bathroom. if you are a woman of substance forget about it. you'll not fit down the aisles. i didn't. and the fabric is stacked on the horizontal. so you cant see what's in the middle and if you do, you can't get it out. brubacker's is another great one w/30,000 bolts of fabric. and any of the goods shops.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by kacklebird View Post
Nursie76
Where is Obie's located? I've been to Lancaster and I think I missed that one. I'd love to go there. Were their prices reasonable? Thanks

So sorry, just realized I never answered your question. Obies address is: 1585 Main Street, Goodville, PA.
It is packed floor to ceiling with fabric off all types. Prices are a little below the average quilt shop fabric. The down side is trying to find anything in all the stacks. It is fun if you aren't pressed for time. I enjoyed it and would go again, but with my allergies, can't spend too long before I am sneezing my head off! LOL!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:48 PM

Well, I went a month ago, and just as I thought, I only had time for one shop. I chose Sauder's...it was fun. Great selection and I got some good prices. I didn't overspend, although I sure could have gotten a lot more! The week after I was there they were having their annual sale, hated to miss it. Hard to keep the 3-year-old happy while his mom and I looked...I bribed him by letting him pick out some treats from the food section of the shop. Our next trip out to PA won't be for quite a while, but I definitely will be doing more shopping at some other stores. Thanks for all of your recommendations.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:03 PM

I like Burkholder's and Old Country Store