Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you are a quilter and don't have one of these..... >

If you are a quilter and don't have one of these.....

If you are a quilter and don't have one of these.....

Old 01-02-2012, 08:06 PM

Looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

I ordered the Slide Loc today. I want to compare it to the Rule Steady. I have a lot of cutting to do at guild for donation quilts and I didn't want to take my Rule Steady.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:47 PM

My very arthritic, clumsy fingers thanks you for sharing this info!!! Despite my love for quilting, I have limited dexterity, resulting in lots of iron burns, needles poking into my fingers .... I just really want to avoid cutting a finger, and this device should be perfect!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:15 PM

I checked with a LQS last Saturday. They had not heard of the Rule Steady, but would check into it for me. I figured it would start others thinking about safety if I brought it to the store owner's attention. Again, thanks for the information.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 AM

Thank you so much for that information! It is expensive, but well worth the price, I think, for the safety issue. Plus, it looks so easy to use. I once cut off just a small bit of my pinky finger because it was slightly hanging over the edge of the ruler. That finger end was squared off for a while. I was so lucky it wasn't worse. I think I'll get this before my luck runs out, lol! After all, I'm just getting older (and weaker, and clumsier, and my eyesight's not what it used to be, etc., etc.).
Old 01-31-2012, 09:03 AM

Please PM me with where to find this saftey tool. I would like my rulers to not slide as well. My friend would like the safety part with her kids. Thanks Teresa
Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

The
Slide Loc order came. I like it a lot. My ruler stays perfectly in place. The Rule Steady is easier for me to hold but maybe that's because I'm used to it. Just last week at a workday at guild a member sliced her finger when the cutter slipped. She had to go to the ER. Her cut was very bad. We have the Gypsy Grippers available to use at guild but she didn't use one, said she has been cutting for years without it. Why take the chance is beyond my understanding.

FREE Quilting Newsletter