Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If Your Machine Could Talk

If Your Machine Could Talk

What would she say?

Mine would say an owner that takes me along on new adventures (ie. sewing classes). We get lots of practice and make silly mistakes. She takes real good care on my bobbin case with a drop of oil and keeps my needles sharp. She doesn't ask me to fun at full speed with embroidery. In exchange, I try not to break threads or needles. She visits with me every day!

So what does your machine say? LOL!

Right now, mine would be complaining because it isn't getting any exercise. Her name is Caro and I think Caro is really lonesome these days and probably missing me. I miss her too but have to deal with others for now.
    Always be kind.

I'm glad mine can't talk - I'd go deaf listening to them all.

But I'm pretty sure my Juki would say "ha, ha, Mom loves me best!"
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

It would be really interesting if our machines could tell us the distance they have stitched.

Some machines must have quilted miles!

Mine would say "Mommy, you need to clean the bobbin case more often", and maybe a few other things.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Mine would say slow down and give me a day or two off, once in a while.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Mine would say, "get going and quilt something".

Mine would just laugh and laugh. Good thing it can't!!!

Blog Entries
    "Umm, remember me?"

My three that are set up in the family room would sing a pretty song. Miss Elna takes care of all household sewing, the 301, AnnieRose, is the FMQ queen. The 15 clone with shamrocks stitches very straight so she's good at piecing. So they would sing a nice harmonious song. Right now AnnieRose is piecing because she's quieter. Maybe she's saying Nah, nah, nah, nah to the pretty black machine.

Elly (named after Ms. Burns who autographed my machine) has been taught to not repeat naughty words so she would likely say, "tsk...tsk" however, she is well cared for and may say "Thank you" on occasion.....
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

You all crack me up

I think it would be fun if my vintage machines could tell me everything they have sewn and created. Maybe say, "oh not this pattern again. The last person who made that on me blamed me for all her mistakes!"
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Mine would complain of being ignored lately and ask if it was something she'd done. She might also tell me to clean up that dining room table right now!

My big machine would say stop playing with baby brother, I have way more to offer don't discriminate because I am not travel size
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Blog Entries
    Forgot to clean me again didn't you.

My Singer 99k would complain about not coming out of the closet. My Janome Harmony would say "See, you always come back to me!" The Janome 6500P would say "I'm sick...take me back to the repair shop please."(repairs were not complete and it's messing up totally after being in the shop for 4 months!!) and finally the Janome 1600P would say "See, I'm the queen for quilting".

Mine would probably say, I love retirement. Meaning some days are busy, some are lazy.

I too would love my vintage machines to tell their stories. Where did this scratch come from? Why did you end up in a thrift shop? How many homes did you have? What did you sew?
    Alyce

Yesterday mine kept trying to tell me something was wrong somewhere and I wouldn't listen. I finally got that aha moment...check bobbin...and sure enough thread was out of guide! Why am I so slow???? LOL
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Suz
    Isn't it interesting that all of us refer to our machines as "her/she"?

When I approach Lucy, I tell her to wake up, its time to work. She she settles in, she would say, "OK, I'm ready! Let's go". We have a real love connection, we treat each other well.

Mine would say,"Stop staring out the window and let's get this done." I am so ready for spring and the snow to stop falling.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

“Please make your big fat cat stop sitting on top of me”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    Elly (named after Ms. Burns who autographed my machine) has been taught to not repeat naughty words so she would likely say, "tsk...tsk" however, she is well cared for and may say "Thank you" on occasion.....
    I would love to have My quilting machine autographed by Eleanor Burns, but then maybe not, I would be afraid it would wear off if I used it. Eleanor Burns is the reason I can make quilts. Here books are so well laid out in steps, that I could learn to do it with brain damage. If either of my machines could talk they would tell stories of sewing, then watching me frog sew, and sometimes sewing the same mistake more than once.....and way more than one story.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

My machine is named Peanut and it would probably say - "that woman can curse like a sailor when her sewing isn't going right. When she runs out of the usual curse words, she makes up new ones".

Mine would say, How Stupid? I don't get to use this machine as often as I would like. I forget, I am tired and make mistakes like using the wrong plate, foot, code. So she could say, use me every day just for a little bit, I am more important than your job.
    Carol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast