Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you've been to a Bonnie Hunter workshop... >

If you've been to a Bonnie Hunter workshop...

If you've been to a Bonnie Hunter workshop...

Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 AM

I've been to her class. You should have a basic supply list. Usually her workshops are based on patterns on her website - I would print out the instructions for each workshop you're doing. Prep your fabric as needed based on the pattern. Go on and cut the scraps you need (squares, strips, etc.) and sort them based on value (most of her stuff is lights/darks, some choose to do actual colors). Cut way more scraps than you think you'll use because it's fun to trade scraps with others in the workshop. I went out of state for my workshops - it was a 2-day event (each day a different pattern). I want to say I had my machine and a rubbermaid tote. The tote included my sewing supplies (ruler, cutter, small mat, needles, pins, etc.) and sorted scraps per the pattern requirements (I think I needed crumbs and then light 2 1/2" strips and dark 2 1/2" strips). So my recommendation would be to take a baggie for each type of fabric you need. As someone said, you really don't get that many blocks sewn in any one workshop, but it's nice to have a variety to experiment with different colors/values and/or to trade with others.