Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm all flustered!!! >

I'm all flustered!!!

I'm all flustered!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

good news... :mrgreen: ....there ARE other ppl like me!!! :lol:
When I look at pictures of quilts, that are very busy, especially, the bargellos and such...I get dizzy :roll:
Let us see the quilt when you get finished...we get sentimental when we help...LOL!!! like this is a whole lot of help :mrgreen:
Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 AM

Been there done that. I love some of the diagonal sets but they are very confusing. I made my daughter a king size quilt for her wedding present. The pattern was called "around the twist". I made the mistake of trying to enlarge the blocks as I only piece under duress. I ended up wasting a lot of fabric. Luckily I was able to purchase more. At the time I did not have a digital camera. Taking a picture would have made it so much easier to get it through my head. Just yesterday I ran across several of the blocks that didn't make it into that quilt. I still don't know what to do with them. She got married in 2003.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:22 AM

Good luck with this-I love this pattern and use it alot so I have to agree with the others--stand on the diagonal so you see it square and take pictures. The only other advice is to turn off the phone and hang a sign to warn others that you are in the middle of something "do not disturb-unless you are here to help!" I love my sign!!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:42 PM

I really appreciate all the suggestions!

I realized last night that I had sewed some of the inset pieces (which are made up of squares and triangles!) incorrectly. No wonder the design didn't look right :oops: I've spent the morning "unsewing".

I think that the black and white picture will really be a help. The drawings in the book are done in a deep blue and white, so they should look almost the same.

Now, if I haven't ruined the bias on the triangles by unsewing them........