Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm having buyer's remorse...... help me!!! >

I'm having buyer's remorse...... help me!!!

I'm having buyer's remorse...... help me!!!

Old 07-20-2012, 05:37 AM

How exciting!!! I'm sure that you will love her. Buyers regret will end when she gets to you. Just call me green with envy. lol
Old 07-20-2012, 06:03 AM

You will love your machine! What will you name it? I had a nustyle called Momma Machine (long story)..now I have a TL18LS I simply call Lizzie.
Find a yahoo group for Nolting machines & join...search every part of that group & ask tons of questions. But...remember that the online groups for specific machines are going to have more HELP! posts than I LOVE IT! posts.

Our TinLizzieLongarm group on yahoo has over 760 members..about 1% post on a regular basis...and most of those are new users asking questions, having issues (usually tension or user errors)..and the rest are the replies to help them learn their machine. It's the nature of the online groups for specific products...folks can't get to a dealer after hours, and come onto the groups to get help...and usually do get that help.

I am on several groups with a lady who has 2 Noltings & just loves them. She does all kinds of quilts. http://www.seajayquilting.com/
Connie is the owner of seajayquilting & is very helpful and has helped me many times.

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
I did it!!! I finally ordered my new longarm machine!!! But, now, I'm having buyer's remorse. I'm so scared I won't be able to do it. Or, something terrible will happen to it after I spending sooo much money on it. Will this feeling ever subside so I can feel the excitement that I should be feeling? What if I'm not good enough or cooridated enough to run this thing?? Help me!! Did anydbody else feel this way after making the decision to buy?
Oh, by the way, I am getting the 30 inch Nolting. She is going to be purple and on a 12 ft steel frame. Delivery date is scheduled for mid August.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 AM

Congrats, I hope you get along with yours better than I am with mine. We got a used one and set it up by ourselves. I'm thinking I'm too short - I'm 5 ft 1 inch tall. Then the other thing is the thread keeps breaking. I just can't seem to get comfortable with mine. So the best of luck to you, I'm hoping it works for you.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 AM

I was the same way with the first system I bought, then something happens after the first creation being taken off the frame....love and the convenience of it being right there at your beck and call. Since the FIRST, DH and I've bought many a system (some used and some new) and my newest baby is a Crystal (stitch regulator, needle up/needle down, pano ledge and thread cutter included). Now we have friends coming over to 'play'. Such fun.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 AM

Yeah!!! Can't wait to see what you make with it?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:52 AM

You'll LOVE IT! I had waited for years to redo my falling apart kitchen, but when we put the down payment to start it, I was almost sick! But when it got in- I knew it was the right thing - and you will too! Lucky you!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:57 AM

You will love it!
It does take some getting used to using a longarm, but well worth the effort. Don't expect perfect quilting right away - LOL - ask me how I know.
Just take it easy and enjoy it.
Be sure to join the yahoo group. Homequiltingsystems. It's a great place to learn and get help from.
Don't look back = just forward!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Wow, 30" is one BIG machine. Are you getting a computerized one? Congrats on the machine. Just practice and you'll be fine.

My thoughts too Dunster. I simply can not imagine anyone having the reach to utilize that much throat space, unless it is computerized. I have a 26" and have a hard time reaching. Don't get me wrong, it is lovely to have that much space but I am definitely at my absolute maximum reach at 26" and that is standing on my tippy toes when I am quilting at the top.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:07 AM

I'm sure you'll love once it arrives. I'm having buyer's angst right now - but that's because my machine was due on the 18th and it's still not here Sniff, sniff, whine. I wanna play! I"m sure you'll love it when it arrives. Did you test-drive?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 AM

Perhaps try to look at it this way, worse comes to worse you sell it....not like a husband you keep forever..... just give it time and lots of pratice before you make a decision, I envy your ability to purchase one, as I am still free motion quilting on my little Bernina.....Just give it time and ask a million questions....and then some............