Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm Just Sayin....

I have learned so much from this group! Nice folks and helpful in the resource department as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    This is my one and only forum. I just love it!! :D
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ME, TOO!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    My only forum too. Sometimes we get a little off track, but it's usually another interesting thread. Love this board too.

Banned
    I totally agree.

Welcome from the gulf coast! And yes, it's a great forum! But how could it not be when the subject is QUILTS?!

I just love this forum I havent contributed much but I am learning a lot ,love ya all

Welcome from MA!
    I admit I DO go off topic now and then :oops:
    David

o my yes

Quote Originally Posted by grugirl
    Yes, I do. I have 4 in under a hen now. 11 days to hatch day. I am gonna do a little duck quilt in honor of the event. They will be my first duck hatch.
    OH OH you are off topic LOL

But... I put the word quilt in the posting... LOL

I love this board because everyone is willing to help if you need it. The best thing is that we are such an International group, we don't all agree on things, but I like the different opinions. It gives you food for thought. and it might just be a better way or idea. As hard headed as I am, I have been known to change my mind once or twice. I really have learned so much on this board, I tell all my quilting friends about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    This is my one and only forum. I just love it!! :D
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mine too! Welcome!

There is one bad thing about this board - it's addictive - hard to leave it to actually go sew!! Ha, ha

We love to have you and your little "honeys".

This is the first quilting forum I have been involved in, but I don't want to go anywhere else. :roll:

I also have never been on a forum in my life until now. This is the only one one for me. It has everything a quilter like me would need, being new to to quilting! wish had been doing it for years like others on here who are now so skilled and so willing to share their hard earned knowledge with the rest of us. Colette

Power Poster
    you are one of them so give yourself a pat on the back. :P

Blog Entries
    I've been reading the newsletter daily for several weeks. Look forward to getting it in my in box about 5 pm each day, even tho I normally don't get on-line and read the posts, look at pictures, etc. until after dishes are done and hubby has gone to bed. Since I am a night owl works out perfectly waiting until later to treat myself to "The Board". You all are so much fun and the posts are interesting. I am looking forward to learning how all the goodies on this Board work. Big thanks to whoever sends out that newsletter and/or posting update everyday. Didn't get an update the other day, but that was the only time I didn't get an one.

What struck me is how patient and kind this board is to newbies. I have been to some boards that treat newbies with a certain amount of impatience, and I was thrilled that this board didn't have that attitude.

Thank you all for setting such an inviting tone and for helping us newbies make our dreams come true. A lot of us couldn't do it without you!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyo
    Do you raise ducks? We have been hatching them at our preschool the last few years and am so looking forward to this springs hatching.
    I have a funny story about ducks!
    During my highschool years we lived on a farm in Indiana.
    At Easter time my mom would go to the local dime store and bring home the little purple and green dyed baby ducks left over after Easter.
    The first year she got 3 hens...the second year there was a drake among them! Now my dad loved duck eggs for breakfast, but he could not always find all the hidden nests.
    One, day we noticed there were a lot of baby ducks around.
    There were about 40 of them clustered around the dog's dish! They loved dogfood!
    To feed them, my dad had to bring home big sacks of dogfood, far more than the collie dog we had then ate.
    They were all pretty mallards, so we liked them, and they
    would sometimes follow us kids around. One day in the fall, my sister Mary climbed up and sat on the top of our barn roof. We liked to do that for the breeze and the view. So all of the ducks flew up there too and sat around companionably with her for a while, then suddenly they all flew into the air, circled the barn a few times and flew off in a flock to the south.
    They didn't come back, ever, My mom was so glad not to be feeding them any more.
    Imagine how surprised some of the farmers and hunters down south were, when these wild ducks walked right up to them, and pulled on their pantlegs and quacked!
    J.

Agreed it is a brilliant group - I don't spend much time any where else now. I still look in on stashbusters just in case I miss something!

Welcome from Oklahoma. Your ducks are adorable.

Yes this is a great group. It is the only one now that I belong to. There is so much to do & read on here that I wouldn't have time for another one anyways! LOL

I love this group due to the congeniality of the members. I do belong to another and it is constantly "policed". On this "other" board I know quilters/sewers who tell me they won't contribute because they are afraid they won't answer or write in correctly so they just stay out to avoid getting their hands slapped. But this group is such a breath of fresh air and is set up beautifully for everyone to pitch in and participate in a very user friendly way.

I agree wholeheartedly. Sticking to the subject is more interesting than reading about ther people's problems.
    We all have our own. Love this board. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2