Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm So Excited! >

I'm So Excited!

I'm So Excited!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Paintbrushbrown
I know all you "seasoned" quilters will not think this is much, but I just made my very first block!!! No...not quilt...block. This is all new to me and I am thrilled to get started. One of my goals was to learn to quilt and I have started...Jan 2! Yay! I made some half square triangles and put them together and I also made a hexagon flower...you know, like the Grandmother's Flower Garden. I love hand work and someone had given me a little kit. I decided now was the time! I can hardly wait for tomorrow to do more!
Congratulations. I don't know if anyone told you or not yet, but I think you have to get a cat now. I'm new also but I already had the cats. Gabrielle
Old 01-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Congratulations. I don't know if anyone told you or not yet, but I think you have to get a cat now. I'm new also but I already had the cats. Gabrielle[/quote]

Gabrielle is correct. At least one cat (may be substituted by at least one dog) is a basic requirement to become a quilter. How would you get your quilts inspected, and where would you get the animal hair for the quilt if you didn't meet this requirement?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by ByThePiece
Originally Posted by Paintbrushbrown
I know all you "seasoned" quilters will not think this is much, but I just made my very first block!!! No...not quilt...block. This is all new to me and I am thrilled to get started. One of my goals was to learn to quilt and I have started...Jan 2! Yay! I made some half square triangles and put them together and I also made a hexagon flower...you know, like the Grandmother's Flower Garden. I love hand work and someone had given me a little kit. I decided now was the time! I can hardly wait for tomorrow to do more!
Congratulations. I don't know if anyone told you or not yet, but I think you have to get a cat now. I'm new also but I already had the cats. Gabrielle
Hahah! I have cats, but they are not the lap friendly kind. They are more the "you have a job to do outside" kind.