Originally Posted by PatriceJ
We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :-)
We're not back!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by barb55
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :-)
We're not back!!!!
:thumbdown: I am not back either. I am on row swaps and doll quilt swap and secret pal swap. Mine comes up that i do not have permission for the site.Apache Server quiltingboard.com port 80. i am on a neighbors computer but some one can private message her and she will tell me what to do. Thanks BOOP56
Old 04-01-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
Can we have the keys to the liquor cabinet while you reorganizing the site?
Let me know when you get them. I will help, no charge. :lol:
Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 PM

I am perfectly happy, QB seems to be working as usual. Thank you to all the administrators who work so hard to keep us up to date and safe.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Administrator

Regarding problems encounterd while cruising the board:

If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, try the following steps:

1. Go to the Tools Menu
2. Go to Internet Options
3. At the General Tab, click the Delete Button
4. UNCHECK "Preserve Favorites website data"
5. Check "Temporary Internet Files" and "History"
6. Leave all the other options unchecked.
7. Click Delete

I recently changed computers and don't have Mozilla FireFox loaded on this one, so I can't give you the specific menu options and steps in that program.
If you are using anything other than Internet Explorer, the steps might be slightly different, but your goal will be the same.
You want to "clear your cache" of all old information regarding your past browser visits to the quiltingboard.

Once you've done that, go back to the board http://www.quiltingboard.com

You will have to log in using your member name and password.

If that doesn't fix the problem, please send an email to [email protected]

The emailed digests are a seperate issue. THEY ARE NOT THE BOARD. They are simply a smattering of topic links selected by the software that sends them. They are sent in batches throughout the day. Whether or not they arrive at a time convenient to any one individual will depend on (1) which batch contains their email address; and (2) the time zone that member lives in.

our new server is in California, so for those of us living on the East Coast, USA, everything starts going out 3 or 4 hours "later" than it used to.

the techs are working every angle they can identify to make the emails work better for you from our server end. however, no matter what they do, whether or not the emails make it into a member's inbox will still ultimately depend almost entirely on whether or not that member has properly aligned her/his SPAM/Junk/Safe Sender settings.

if you want to stay truly up-to-date on board topics, comments and events then do not rely on the emails. come straight to the board and cruise around. we are here 24/7/365.

we've had brief periods of maintenance downtime before. the results were not normally as chaotic as they were this time. i think/hope future maintenance cycles will go a lot more smoothly.

Again, please report all technical problems by either sending a pm to the Admin account, or by sending a regular email to [email protected]
Old 04-05-2011, 05:01 AM

OMgosh.How are the moderators handling all these topics and such. I actually feel bad for you because of all the rants and raves. I have had no problems with this switch so I am lucky, but the few things that happen with mine were going on long before they did this shut down. I am so tired of the negaholics on here fussing too. OMG!!! This board is great, let's give them time before we go fatalistic on them, and like that joke, If you can't wait, we're sure gonna miss you. ROFL

I also notice the biggest complainers have less than 100 posts and have been here a very short time. I know those of use who have been here forever and have thousands of posts are being more patient. We love our board. One of the newest posts has been here since dec 2010. Really??

SOrry, negativity makes me sooooooooo nervous because you can't do anything about it even if you post and gripe. Makes you and others miserable.
PatriceJ - I did the thingie and reset my options, and I am not having any problems. Maybe I don't have as much in my computer as others. ALso, I notice if you are running the horse cam, things are slow so I shut it down each time. Good advice is to PM admin, let them hear it. Nicely though.

Quote:::::
Again, please report all technical problems by either sending a pm to the Admin account, or by sending a regular email to [email protected]

It doesn't say to post complaints, read it.

I have been on other boards and they are no comparison to this one, they are slow, you cannot chat on the posts like we do, you can't post pictures that are readily available, no swaps,not near as many members and friends, support group etc. This is a great board, so when things are in a process of being fixed and Maintenance done - SUPPORT THE BOARD DON'T NEGATE IT. Thank you.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:22 AM

Thanks for your posting, Debbie. Ditto & Triple!

All these temporary glitches will all work out, Ladies and Gents. Please have some Patience.

Does anyone want to hum along here? The QB Forum is ...Simply the Best, Better than All the Rest."

Apologizing in advance for ear worms... :roll:
Old 04-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Administrator

many boatloads of hugs. :-) :-) :-)
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 AM

I just want to say to the board. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!! Yes, Iam yelling, I want you to hear my thanks over the complaints of others. THANKS AGAIN !!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
I just want to say to the board. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!! Yes, Iam yelling, I want you to hear my thanks over the complaints of others. THANKS AGAIN !!!!
LOL, can I yell with you? I totally agree.