Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Initiated! >

Initiated!

Initiated!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:38 PM

:lol: Leave it to the little ones to help you out. I love it when my pin box gets dumped on the carpet and I'm the only one who ends up stepping on them. :wink:
Old 11-09-2008, 12:05 PM

To keep my manuals next to the machines, I hung a basket on the wall. All of my manuals are at my fingertips when I need them.

I can identify with the little ones next to the machine. I did the same to my mother as my little ones did the same to me. It seems that when they see you being busy, they want to be part of it. Even the old treadle machine has a tic-tac-toe scratched into the cabinet behind the machine. I can picture this little one using one of his mom's pins to scratch a tic-tac-toe to keep him busy. :lol:
Old 11-09-2008, 12:12 PM

You are now a true quilter. Welcome to the club. Never thak your eyes of those littel ones. They move so fast.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:56 PM

yeah! Wait until you need to take your machine apart because some of your NEXT broken needle fell down inside the machine! And, after you get it put back together again, it WORKS! (but I still don't know how to oil the darn thing!)!

Congrats!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:42 AM
Banned

The first time I took the bobbin out, knowing nothing about a machine, I took the whole thing out, all three pieces. I'm very good at taking the bobbin out now
Old 11-10-2008, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
yeah! Wait until you need to take your machine apart because some of your NEXT broken needle fell down inside the machine! And, after you get it put back together again, it WORKS! (but I still don't know how to oil the darn thing!)!

Congrats!
Broken needle fragments worry me, too. I have a real handy attachment that I ordered from Clotilde that I use with my little tiny handy dandy shop vac that I keep in the sewing room. I use the little nozzle the vacuum out the inners of the machine, hoping I will get that fragment out.
It's amazing what accumulates in and around the bobbin case.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Banned

We've all learned the hard way.....Can't wait to see all the pretties you'll make... :P
Old 11-10-2008, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by quiltwoman
:lol: Leave it to the little ones to help you out. I love it when my pin box gets dumped on the carpet and I'm the only one who ends up stepping on them. :wink:
The magnetic pins "cushions" are fantastic for pin spills. After I finish a sewing session, I take the magnet and just run it over the carpet. It picks up the strays.