Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Insane Sales at Hancock Fabric

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judi43 View Post
    I think all of us quilters have very little will power when it comes to buying fabric!!!
    I think I have plenty of Will Power: I WILL buy that piece, and that one, and oh yes I WILL have some of those....

That was some sale!

Yep. I have the disease as well. However, I'm currently paying for a Bernina and have just bought (and need to pick up) a Jenome Gem. I am on a fabric moratorium (except for swaps) for the rest of the year and it's killing me already.

Score!!! Great haul! I live 1 1/2 hours away from the closest fabric store. Luckily, I have a stash that looks like a fabric store.....
    Linda
    Pets are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. (Roger Caras made this quote about dogs, but I love cats too!)

I didn't realize the sale just started. I went to a Hancock's in Greenwood, IN yesterday and saw the table full of fabric. Actually, several tables full of 50% off. nice selection. Too bad I only had 10 minutes as we were on our way somewhere else...

Nice! I have the same problem at certain stores around here, and I understand your plight. But hey, we're quilters! What can one expect? Love the fabric!
    “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” ~Scott Adams

Piecefully,
    Lisa

Beautiful fabrics! I especially like the woodland one and your coordinating fat quarters. Have been wavering on going over there today. Now I'm decided!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/kittenquilt

Good job! My Hancock flier came today but won't be able to get there for the sale; too short notice.

QM
    My DH just rolls his eyes when I tell him I have to go in for ONE item. On the other hand, he feels free to tell me he wants to send lap quilts to residents (and one staff member) of the rehab hospital he was in for his stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    Great sale! I saw a picture of one fabric and had to have it, just that one design. When I found the whole line well, $170 later, it's on my way to me as I type. LOL I give myself Christmas many times a year.
    GMTA! I was just thinking about this before I logged on today. The mailman came with 2 (more) packages of fabric for me. I just can't help myself (it's all I can do right now not to sign off & go straight to Hancock's!)! But, I rationalize it by the fact that it's my only vice... I don't smoke or drink or do drugs or gamble or cheat on my DH plus it's cheaper than therapy, so what's to feel guilty about? I know I'll never use it all but that's not why I buy it. I get it because it makes me happy & that's enough reason for me! So, Merry Xmas to all of us April 20th (& any other day we get goodies... LOL!)!!!

And BTW... don't look on the Green Fairy Quilt shop site if you're susceptible to sales (ditto Fabric Depot).

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

"acquired idiosyncrasy associated with quilting" that does sound so much better. Very nice, good thinking, MacThayer!
    I feel so relieved. When my significant other came home and asked about what I had done, I told him what had happened. As I expected he did not understand that spending $19.52 for my entire purchase with a savings of $15 due to the sales, made the purchase a must. My boy just don't understand!

Blog Entries
    Wow, I just returned home from the Raleigh, NC Hancocks' and they certainely had some awesome sales. There was some fabric marked 70%. I am working on a block of the month and I just went in to buy two block kits. When I got to the register they rang up 4.97 rather that 7.99. I went back and bought the rest of my blocks(8) and the finishing kit which was marked from 49.99 to 29.99. I have about $100.00 in the quilt.
    Jodyma

Love the fabrics! YES, YES, YESSSSS! I have this disease also! Do you have a cure? I'm thinking to just keep sewing and it will go away...when I die! lol

Joann's is about 3 minutes from my house and for the life of me I cannot go out without going in that direction. I believe my vehicle is on auto pilot when it backs out of the garage!

The best thing about Joann's is that the receipt always shows how much I saved. DH is in AWE of that, so I haven't told him that nearly EVERYTHING is on sale every day at Joann's. Does the rule of thumb "if it's not broken, don't fix it" apply to those receipts? Maybe so. I may need to move him into the guest room soon to make room for all the great buy's I've been getting. hmmm

Glad to know there are others with this "so called" condition if I go alone, it seems to really be activated, if DH goes and is in the car then it seems to stay under control better,HA, HA

I had to respond to this one and share. Last Saturday, I went to one of my favorite quilt stores to get a pattern with my husband in tow. Well, I got the pattern and decided I needed a companion fabric, oh and another fabric that was just so pretty and a table runner kit and signed up for a class this Saturday. My husband standing next to me while I paid wanted to know why I was buying more fabric and when was he going to see some more completed projects. He just doesn't understand that if I like something I need to buy it when I see it or I'll miss out. I bought more fabric this week at Joann's and brought it into the house when he was away.
    Quilter in training.
    Pat

Nice fabrics! I am so sad, our Hancock's closed 2 years ago. Now we only have JoAnn's and a Hobby Lobby (35 miles away) for chains stores and one LQS within 20 miles. ): It is a "disease"../but then again, how many of us have gone to the grocery store for eggs or bread and come home with 10 bags of groceries??? We just can't pass up on the good deals. I've found that when I am shopping for that one FQ or skein of yarn, I only take $5 with me, no credit card or debit card or check book. Can't spend when I don't have it with me to spend. Works for me. Sometimes I do miss out on the unexpected finds, but I look at it this way, I didn't need (though who really "needs" fabric (: ? ) it to begin with and when I do need fabric for my next project I will find what I need at a price I can deal with.

Congrats on a great "steal". Please show us your finished projects! Would love to see them!
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Blog Entries
    I'm a new quilter and it didn't take long to catch the "disease". I have two dear friends who have it as well, so it's very contagous. We did hear a cute saying, "the one who dies with the most fabric wins", which inspires us to buy even more! Going to the local quilt store and buying something beautiful, well I can't think of much that is more fun, unless it is taking another class at our local quilt store with my girl friends.

As far as dear husbands, I am very lucky. Whenever we are out of town and my husband sees a quilt shop he always pulls over and volunteers to just wait in the car. Now is that sweet or what?

I have a long list of non quilting things I should be buying and/or saving for and yet all I really want is at the LQS.

Blog Entries
    No matter how hard I try I NEVER can walk out of the fabric store with just what I went in there for! It is just too hard!LOL!
    Bonnie

Well, I went to JoAnn'stoday, and only bought what I went after. Embroidery floss for the quilt I am knotting. Still stiking with my promise to myself to NOT buy anything but backing.

Love the deer fabric. I have done this but now have a rule. I buy fabric only for project ongoing, of course, I can always have many ongoing projects
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Blog Entries
    I know and feel for you. It is sad that we can't just get what we intended and leave, but what fun would that be?
    Abiding in the Vine

Blog Entries
    OMG, I do the same thing, glad i am not the only one, will be going to the paducah quilt show next week, oh am i going to be in trouble, staying with family so i will have much more to spend, plan on going to Eleanor Burns store, also and a few other places.
    Mary

I here you all. When I die my family is going to HATE me!. I had an ear infection and was really dizzy. We went to an instacare and they gave me a perscription. We went to Wal-Mart to fill it and I asked hubby to hold on to me and walk me to the fabric department while we were waiting. MADE SOME DARLING PILLOWCASES OUT OF THE FABRIC I BOUGHT.

Good for you. I went to our "local" (70 miles away) Hancocks and what they had looked like junk) ( looked like old K-mart stuff )to me on the sale tables. Ours doesn't even carry DMC any more. They have some off brand embroidery floss they carry. All I bought while there was 3 yards of Wonder Under and some Guitterman Cotton quilting thread and 3 spools out of the twelve I went after of the Sulky ( for embroidery), because they didn't have it and hadn't had some of it in a few months. Guess I'll have to go to Conroe or Houston to get it...well over 100 miles away!
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast