Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Inspira Frame experiences >

Inspira Frame experiences

Inspira Frame experiences

Old 04-06-2012, 08:59 PM

Default Inspira Frame experiences

I posted some time ago about my Pfaff Grandquilter, Cruise Control & very old Inspira that is only 5' wide (it was a store demo cut-down version I picked up on Craigslist), which doesn't work with the cruise control. I've been thinking about investing in a new frame & stopped by our sewing machine store yetserday to drop off a machine for maintenance. The manager says he also gets the frames in on trades and may be able to find me a used one that will work with my machine & cruise control - he had just sold one last week for $300! (The new ones are $1900). But I have heard from a couple of folks that the Inspira sags in the middle. I notice the new model features an added support in the middle, which makes me think it was an issue. Anyone out there have experience with the full 10' size Inspira frames before they added the middle support? Is sagging an issue? Would you buy another one? Thanks!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:43 PM

I have had one for 5 years now and haven't experienced a sag. I have it set up at 10', and I've moved it twice with no problems.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 AM

Thanks Karen!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:39 PM

I have a Hinterburg frame. When I got my mid-arm quilter, because of the extra weight of the machine and longer bed that the machine sits on, SO put another "leg" in the center to help stop any sagging that might occur. You might want to look into doing the same.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM

Good thought Sandy. I was going in the same direction & DH offered to come up with some sort of mid-span brace.