Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
insul-brite ? >

insul-brite ?

insul-brite ?

Old 12-21-2016, 01:14 PM

Those bowl holders are NOT for microwaves either. They are for the table, like a hot pad, has nothing to do with cooking. If there is any polyester in this made item, it will burn at a low temp. A fireman friend has a fit when he hears people talking about them and will tell crafters at shows they could be held responsible for a house fire if someone buys from them. Don't use potato bags in the oven either, please folks, just don't. Being a fireman for many years and then arson investigation, he knows his business.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:19 PM

I'm going to chime in here, too. I've never had anything worse than a grease fire (oil for french fries) in my kitchen, and, I succeeded in covering the pot with the lid, taking an old towel to hold the lid, and took it out in the yard and threw pan and all into the yard as far from the house as I could get it. Fortunately, we had no damage in the house, and the worst thing that happened was we had no grass where the hot oil splattered across the yard. See, I thought I had turned off the burner under the oil, but it had not quite gone off, I was tired, and wasn't as careful as I should have been. For what it's worth, I was not damaged either -- NO burns! Safety is always the best policy. I'll take that back -- the worst part was cleaning up the pan containing the oil. It was one of my set of very nice cookware, but not as valuable as the house!

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 12-21-2016 at 08:21 PM. Reason: additional content