Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interesting find at Joann's -

Interesting find at Joann's -

I popped into Joann's today as it is the last day of the 50% notions wall and I need some more needles. Quilting stuff was not on sale but I looked there anyway. I saw a small section of Dritz Longarm supplies. They had long arm needles, long rolls of paper (would this be for pantographs?) for marking the quilt designs on, another long roll of clear plastic for drawing and then auditioning the quilt designs. They had a reducing glass, and a roll of screen material for drawing the quilting design. There were a few other things as well. Interesting

Has anyone else seen these items at their Joann's? I'm very curious about it because I can't imagine that there is a large call for these types of items at my local store. I might be wrong, though.

i noticed a couple weeks ago the was a small area for long arm supplies.

I saw these at the JoAnn's in Lewisville, TX a couple of weeks ago.

mltquilt

Good to know... Even though my quilting table is made for my regular machine, a couple of those things would come in handy for me too.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Saw a few items at Hancock's in SC...haven't been to JoAnn's yet. They're not stocking the stuff I'd be interested in though...like the fancy rulers, etc.....
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

klc
    They just redid our Jo-Ann's and those items have been added also.
    Kathryn
    Janome Horizon 7700, Brother XR-7700, & Singer Stylist 533

I'm gonna have to go check it out!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Saw them the other day tooo!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass......It's learning how to dance in the rain!

I saw a small section of these items at the new JoAnn's in Baton Rouge.

Blog Entries
    Just went to a brand new JoAnn's today - it has only been open a week and boy was I impressed with this fabulous store. It is about 40 miles from here - much nicer than the one 50 miles from here. But, I did not see, but wouldn't probably have noticed anything to do with a longarm machine in the notions section. But, there were some longarm stuff (rulers maybe) in the quilting section. Almost everything was on sale so did not even use my 50% coupons.
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    That would be nice - my JoAnn's is old and small so probably won't get this.
    Quilting in the Desert

Blog Entries
    Same here. The store recently moved to a new location and a few weeks later I noticed those new items.

Blog Entries
    Our Joanns don't have any longarm supplies at ALL & there must be at least a doz in a 50 mile area. I have to order my supplies or pay a arm & leg for them.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
    Almost everything was on sale so did not even use my 50% coupons.
    It was the same at my store. That drives me crazy! The books were 40% off but there was no sign. I was looking forward to using my coupon on a book.

Good sign that they are keeping up with demands. I will have to check out mine!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    This is nice to know. I've never seen anything for longarms at any of the stores around me. But, maybe thye will have by the time I get my longarm.
    A finished quilt excites me!! Whether is it mine or yours!

Yes, I was there the other day and saw the longarm stuff too.......not much, but interesting. They had needles for them too, I was tempted to buy a package, but then I did not.......I'll keep getting from my supplier...don't want to mess up anything with an inferior needle....saw that roll of light weight paper too, am guessing it could be used to draw a design, temp adhere to top of quilt and then proceed to quilt on the paper and then tear off, like the gold paper offered from a supplier-can't remember name now.......and I guess the vinyl could be used to draw a design onto and lay on top of quilt just to see how it looks???????

Blog Entries
    Yes saw them in the JoAnns here in GA. I don't do my LA'ing but I am curious if the prices are reasonable and if most LA'rs buy on-line or at quilt shops.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Our Joanns had these supplies too. I first saw them about 2 weeks ago. I bought the plastic since sometimes what looks good on my white board doesn't work out on the quilt. Ask me how I know!

Our Joanne's is a joke not much of anything

I'll have to check out our JoAnn's. I haven't been there for a while. I wasn't seeing much that interested me. Our JoAnn's is managed by a man and I'm not impressed! lol. He doesn't seem to be in touch with quilters. Most of the store is crafts, scrapbooking, picture frames and knickknacks. Our Hancock store seems to be going the same way. Since we are retired, we take day trips to quilt shops in some small towns in the area.

One of the closest Joann's is closing May 7. I liked it because you didn't have to stand in line 7 deept to get fabric cut, as with the other store about 15 min. from here. If I have to it there, I will complain. ALso register lines are long, none of this is good customer service.
    Nice you found the surprise.
    auntiehenno

I just wish there was a Joann's closer than 2 hours away.

I think it must be some new things they have added, saw some too. ALSO, has anyone else noticed a change over from Sulky to pellon stablilzers? My store is letting theSulky run out and replacing with pellon, which is less $, but I was just feeling comfortable which Sulky ones to use when I use my embroidery machine.(bought the book) NOW WHAT
    pat design

Blog Entries
    I haven't see this at our JoAnns, but maybe I didn't look in the right place. Sounds intriguing. Bet I look next time. Tkanks for the heads up.
    Donna Quilts
    We help the wounded soldiers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast