Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: International Round Robin, 4 groups full, closed to new members

Blog Entries
    I bought a little more fabric today to start a center. I'm sooo excited!

Hi I am still here, been concentrating on cutting out mine and started stitching, but blow me if my cotton reel didnīt fall on the floor and my not so darling little dog Rosa quick as a flash got it a ran off with it and before I could get it from her she had chewed the end off :( . Was there some blue air around you ladies???? :evil: So that stopped till the shops open on Monday. I am finger twitching to get going, so exciting isnīt it... :D :D

Elle

Hi Judy,
    I finally got to the message board and found the rules for the rr. I see you only have 4 groups there. You e-mailed me that you were going to do another
    is that still on?
    Let me know and I will send you all the info you need.
    thanks
    Muriel
    aka: AkAngel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Hi I am still here, been concentrating on cutting out mine and started stitching, but blow me if my cotton reel didnīt fall on the floor and my not so darling little dog Rosa quick as a flash got it a ran off with it and before I could get it from her she had chewed the end off :( . Was there some blue air around you ladies???? :evil: So that stopped till the shops open on Monday. I am finger twitching to get going, so exciting isnīt it... :D :D

Elle
    Soo sorry that you had a bad day Elle. I do believe that I saw a few puffs of blue air circulating overhead :lol: :lol: Just hug the baby to make up and go buy some more :wink: I haven't gotten farther than buying some more fabric for this. I won a HUGE lot of FQ's on ebay last week :lol: :lol: and I'm waiting for those to come this week to see if there will be stuff I want to use in my top before I really dive in. I can't wait to get it!!!

Blog Entries
    Patti,
    Is this your ebay id also?
    Mine is the same as here...
    I'm just wondering if you and I are bidding against each other :shock:

Blog Entries
    No, I have a different name on ebay. We probably do bid against each other some on ebay. I don't see how we could help but do that....we all love deals, but of course, if I'm bidding I always want to win...cheaply.. and wish nobody else was bidding:twisted: :lol:

I couldn't tell who I'm bidding against now because of how they list the bidders names. I don't think I was bidding against you on the fabric...where you bidding on lots of fabric, 3 baskets and a quilt kit all in 1 lot?

Blog Entries
    nope, I got 3 yards of fabric (assorted greens and blues) for $1.99 plus shipping. total $4.00

Patti, Lucky girl, winning your fabrics on Ebay. Havenīt done much shopping there recently.

Just about to post my Tote fabrics. Elle

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I'll go look for your tote fabrics Elle.

Patti

Hi Patti, See you are in the International Round Robin twice. Good for you. Glutton for punishment LOL :D You are i the first round and the 4th round. WOW good luck

Elle

Blog Entries
    Elle, yes, I'm really excited about doing this! I told Judy that I would be willing to fill a spot if she needed someone else to complete another group so more folks could have fun. I think I'll have a ball working on all of these tops! I already have decided what to make for both the centers, now I just have to get busy making them. I feel like I have plenty of time though.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Elle, yes, I'm really excited about doing this! I told Judy that I would be willing to fill a spot if she needed someone else to complete another group so more folks could have fun. I think I'll have a ball working on all of these tops! I already have decided what to make for both the centers, now I just have to get busy making them. I feel like I have plenty of time though.
    Hi Patti Good for you, that was nice of you. I think that is what is good about this RR there is a nice time lapse to get things done without having to rush.

Are you doing the mystery Tote as well?? Think I have endedup making two. They will be great for Christmas presents.

Elle

Blog Entries
    [quote=Butterflyspain
    Hi Patti Good for you, that was nice of you. I think that is what is good about this RR there is a nice time lapse to get things done without having to rush.

Are you doing the mystery Tote as well?? Think I have endedup making two. They will be great for Christmas presents.

Elle[/quote]

Yes, I'm going for broke with my time this fall :lol: :lol: I think you should do both..the fabrics are just too good not to make a second one

Ok I finished my block and will take picture and try uploading them tonight. Just wanted to make sure where to post this information.
    To we have a special place to post information for each group.
    I'm sorry if I missed a post regarding this. I've been busy helping with
    a small local quilt show this week.

Notice I have posted a picture of my quilt in profile. This one is a little on the bright side. Not my only style. I goint to take more picture of quilts
    this week end have Sunday and Monday off work.

I'm having so much fun reading and joining this message board I learn
    something everyday.

Have a bless day.
    Texasquilts
    Dee

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    There's a round 1 thread posted for pics and discussion of everyone's center blocks.

I to am watching this, to see how it works out. I'm glad to see a mix of people in terms of experience. I just hope there are lots of pictures and explainations. Maybe next time for me. It's scary thinking you might mess someones quilt up. Now on with the show :wink:

I've never done this. Please don't go talking about us messing up other peoples' quilts!!! Just kidding ... I think. When I was trying to talk myself into doing this, I reasoned that my judgment, taste and ability was just as good as the next quilter's - maybe just different! I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    I to am watching this, to see how it works out. I'm glad to see a mix of people in terms of experience. I just hope there are lots of pictures and explainations. Maybe next time for me. It's scary thinking you might mess someones quilt up. Now on with the show :wink:
    I'm with you Ruth. It would be fun but... I don't want to mess up someone quilt.

Deb

Quote Originally Posted by Calico92402
    I've never done this. Please don't go talking about us messing up other peoples' quilts!!! Just kidding ... I think. When I was trying to talk myself into doing this, I reasoned that my judgment, taste and ability was just as good as the next quilter's - maybe just different! I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Joanne
    Good attitude! You go girl! I'll get in on the next one.

Deb

Good for you. Calico. I have not quilted for long but its all good experience. We are all different and that is part of the fun. It is very exciting however.

Elle

Quote Originally Posted by Calico92402

Joanne
    Don't worry about screwing up. I thought the same when I joined the other Round Robin. But, let me tell you. You AND your machine seem to be on their best behavior when it comes to sewing. lol
    Don't be scared!

I'm really glad everyones so welcoming to beginners. I'm new to this too. Im a little intimidated about all the beautiful applique being done for the centres - I've not really tried applique much before. I figure everyones got to start somewhere though.

I've finally decided on my centre block too. My centre will be pieced - and its going to be maple leaf blocks in autumnal colours. I bought the last of the fabric I need yesterday, and my BF is going to play golf today, so I can make a start. Looking to a nice quiet day with only the purr of the sewing machine...

Sarah x

Sazu....if you go and check out the pictures from the other round robin, you'll see there is a diverse of centers there. Don't be intimidated. You'll do just fine and whatever you choose for your center,,,,it could be a bunch of blocks just sewn, know it will be back to you looking beautiful!

Sazu, my block will also just be pieced, though I hope my (first ever!) paper piecing works out. I plan to start plenty early so that if it bombs, I'll have time to start over with something different that isn't paper pieced. I have all the pieces cut out and set aside, waiting for the time when I feel especially competent (huh?!) and ready to jump into it! No way I'd have the guts to applique, so don't worry a bit about that. Remember - it's YOUR quilt!

Joanne

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It really helps.

I've spent the evening with my colouring pencils and graph paper, and have 2 possible designs, both variations on the same thing. I think I prefer the more complex version of the 2. I've started cutting the fabric now, and really looking forward to watching it take form.

And if it goes wrong then theres time to start over...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast