Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
International Round Robin, Round 1, Everyone please read post on pg 35 >

International Round Robin, Round 1, Everyone please read post on pg 35

International Round Robin, Round 1, Everyone please read post on pg 35

Old 09-11-2008, 10:23 AM

Elle, I like that idea. Can you point me to the site or sites for labels? Keep in mind that I'm better at quilting than at "computering", so my instructions need to be simple.
Thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:35 AM

Hi there Calico, Here is the name of a site that gives you labels, albeit that they might not be exactly what you want, but basically it tells you how to use fabric with your printer. I trust you have a printer, if not perhaps you can borrow one.

If I were doing it, and I may just have to if I donīt get my machine back, this is what I would do.

Type out what you want onto a piece of paper, leave room around the edges to put either flowers cut from material, or Globes of the World, pictures of anything that takes your fancy stick onto your paper.
Now either use the specially prepared fabric sheets you can buy (I believe at Joannes) or make your own by ironing your fabric onto some freezer paper. Place your prepared Paper under your photo copier and feed your fabric sheet through. Heh presto.

Make sure you have good quality ink jets and you may have to help your own prepared fabric sheet through. However the bought ones work a treat.

Hows that. My bill will be through the post shortly LOL :D :D

Good luck, let me know how it goes.. Elle
Old 09-11-2008, 10:36 AM

Oops. sorry forgot the link to the site...

http://victorianaquiltdesigns.com/Vi...uiltlabels.htm

Bill will be adjusted accordingly :D
Elle
Old 09-12-2008, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Elle, you are such a sweetie for helping out Calico...even tho' you seem to be sending her a bill...you know its hard to get good help===when you left off the link!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny! That method does work well for labels.

I am using the embroidery thingie on my machine and I've just put "International Round Robin Quilt, 2008-2009, then I signed my name, location, date, and what I did (appliqued)..also included my screen name- which I'd like everyone to do on mine since thats how I know you all. No lines were drawn so don't worry if you are going crooked...just gives it character!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:53 AM

Thank you, Elle - I'll check it out.
And by the way, just put the bill on my tab ...
Old 09-12-2008, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle, you are such a sweetie for helping out Calico...even tho' you seem to be sending her a bill...you know its hard to get good help===when you left off the link!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny! That method does work well for labels.

I am using the embroidery thingie on my machine and I've just put "International Round Robin Quilt, 2008-2009, then I signed my name, location, date, and what I did (appliqued)..also included my screen name- which I'd like everyone to do on mine since thats how I know you all. No lines were drawn so don't worry if you are going crooked...just gives it character!
I don't have to embroider my name do I??!! :lol: That sounds like a good idea - I will have to find someone with an embroidery machine to do a label for me.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:23 AM

You can do the label how ever YOU want to do it.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

Mama..I didn't embroider my name. I know that everyone doesn't have an embroidery machine AND...I think I like it better with everyone hand signing their name on mine anyway. You can do anything you want...heck..its your quilt!

Patti
Old 09-12-2008, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Mama..I didn't embroider my name. I know that everyone doesn't have an embroidery machine AND...I think I like it better with everyone hand signing their name on mine anyway. You can do anything you want...heck..its your quilt!

Patti
I like hand signing on the quilts. It's more personal to me, that way.
But embroidering or applique on the START of the label, to me is no big deal.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 PM

Like you Terri, I like the idea of hand signing it. I have bought a pigma pen to do mine, so I am ready to go.

Elle