Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: International Round Robin, Round 2, discussion and pics

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Pat, Elle's block will be out to you on Monday. I hope you can do as good on hers as you did mine. What I did, didn't do it justice, but after looking at it again, and hubby agrees, it didn't need much, just something to break up the applique on it. Now, you can work your "magic" on it. :)
    "magic" :shock: :shock: :shock: GULP!!!! Now I'm really nervous...who said I could do magic???? Now I'm sure whatever you did was "just the right thing" and ....Hey, and wheres the pic so I can be thinking about it and worrying until I get it???
    I'll post a pic later today. It's not as fabulous as you think it is. It's just a straight border, but the fabric is what's awesome. Yes, I cut fabric that I was scared to cut! Fabric that I had no clue WHAT I was going to do with it because it was/is so pretty. But, with the print that is on it, it worked out great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by babeegirl
    Here is SazuBmidlands RR center. It's ready to send on to Sandpat! I see a shadow of the pink baby quilt that's on the board underneath it. I will post pictures tonight of that one. My youngest daughter Sarah is making it with her Janome Sew Mini that she got for Christmas.
    Ummmm, Ummmm, Ummmm...now what am I gonna do with this???? It is spectacular!!! I'm scratching my head really hard and will be for a while I think..and Sazu...yes, I am covetting this top and guess what....its on its way to ME!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    [

I'll post a pic later today. It's not as fabulous as you think it is. It's just a straight border, but the fabric is what's awesome. Yes, I cut fabric that I was scared to cut! Fabric that I had no clue WHAT I was going to do with it because it was/is so pretty. But, with the print that is on it, it worked out great.
    I'm anxiously waiting to see the top. I already am fuzzy headed from trying to figure out what to do with Sazu's top...I will be again with this one...I bet your plain border is just right!

Cant wait to see the fabric Terri, you have some seriously lovely pieces.

Elle

Wow, Sazu, I think your border is perfect for that center!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Calico92402
    Wow, Sazu, I think your border is perfect for that center!
    Yep, I love it

Ok, here is Elle's center. I was going to embroider butterflies on the corners, but decided against it. I think it will take away from the fabric. But, then again, I might surprise everyone and do it anyway.
    I centered the bridge at the top and bottom.

Elle.....I hope you like it!

closeup of bottom
    Name:  Attachment-24084.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  41.1 KB

closeup of top
    Name:  Attachment-25297.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  48.0 KB

whole center
    Name:  Attachment-25298.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  51.3 KB

And...it's been Big Boy approved!!! :) :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Izy
    Wow Terri :shock: You really couldn't have found a more perfect fabric, is beautiful, Elle is gonna be so chuffed with your border :D

I have a question......How the heck have you managed to have a rug/carpet WITHOUT lots of fluff and thread all over it?????????? :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink: :D

I have been playing catch up with this thread......all I can say is WOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

All the centres are looking exceptionally good, fantastic work everyone :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    That is beautiful!!!!

Thanks Izy!

LOL That carpet is in the middle (2d floor) living room where the computer is. Did you REALLY think I was going to put it on the carpet in my sewing room? lol Actually, I've been really good. I have a small basket next to my machine that I've been putting the threads in and only a few get on the carpet. Hubby is VERY proud of me! :)

Izy
    Tee hee!! Well I started off being good after I made the little thread catcher pot.....errrmmm where is it now?? No idea, hence floor, slippers, rugs, dog, furniture even in the BED has tell tail evidence of a quilter, even the front door mat has thread on it!! :roll: :lol:

Oh, only time will tell as to how long it lasts, but for now it seems to be working lol

Blog Entries
    Terri, that is exactly right!!! I knew it would be...and an idea hit me the moment I saw it!!!! And Big Boy approved...can't get much better than that! I'm excited..so...send it on! I can't wait to get my hands on it!!! Wooo Hoooo!

It'll be in the mail on Monday!
    Just have to sign the label and stick it in the envelope.
    I'm sure you'll do justice to it. If you want a bit of the fabric I used, let me know, I can send you some, I think I have 1/2 yard left.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, thats a thought. I don't know if I would be using the fabric or not. Would you want to include it so that maybe someone along the line would use it? If they don't, I'm sure that Elle would send it back to you at the end if you wanted it back.

Well what can I say I absolutely love it, what beautiful fabric Terri. You have done me proud and was so excited when I opened the thread to see a picture of my block, nearly forgotten what it looked like LOL, it seems ages inbetween getting each block

Elle :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    So beautiful! Terri, what a wonderful addition. Elle will be proud!

I'm ready to post my IRR addition, but I'm waiting for my son's camera! :shock:

Will be posted soon....Stay tuned for updates :lol:

Blog Entries
    Well, MJ...where is it????? We want to see!!! Hurry!!

Banned
    Here is round 2 on Margaret's quilt.. Hope you like it Margaret....

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Well what can I say I absolutely love it, what beautiful fabric Terri. You have done me proud and was so excited when I opened the thread to see a picture of my block, nearly forgotten what it looked like LOL, it seems ages inbetween getting each block

Elle :D :D :D
    I'm glad you like it even tho it's just a plane stripped border. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but since I "lost" the fabric that was intended for it, this is what I came up with. I'll glady send you some of the fabric if you'd like. I'm actually hoping that the store I got it at still has some when I get back to HI, so sending you what I have left of it is not a problem. I have a small package going out to you and Izy. Should have it out sometime this month.

Blog Entries
    Judy, that is sooo pretty! Its hard to see the light pink color..well, thats what the center block looks like to me. Looks like another center has just the exact border it needed!! Love the burgundy hearts!

Banned
    Ladies, this is your friendly reminder of your mailing deadline for Round 2..Jan 15, 2009...

Now, for a little update....

We have had one member of group 2 drop out. She is completing her 3 inch border and will be mailing it on time to the next person in the group.

Welcome, Missi, as the new member of group 2. She has her center block done and will be mailing it to quilting turtle, who never got a block to work on.. She will have to "catch up" so that we can stay on track, but Im hoping that the 3 inch border will not be a daunting task for her to get done quickly..

I have opened a new thread for Round 3 photos and discussion:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/15006.page

You all are doing great work and these will be the most beautiful quilts...Keep up the good work.

Your fearful leader...Judy

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I bought a pen to write on the labels as they come. But, I lost it. I didn't look under the mattress :) but I can't find it. Are there any other options?

Banned
    Here is Stephanies, with new borders...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast