Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Irish quilting magazine vol. 1, issue 5 (2009) >

Irish quilting magazine vol. 1, issue 5 (2009)

Irish quilting magazine vol. 1, issue 5 (2009)

Old 11-03-2022, 07:36 AM

Default Irish quilting magazine vol. 1, issue 5 (2009)

I am trying to track down the pattern for the cover photo in this magazine. Irish Quilting. It is a beautiful halloween pattern by Sherry Nugent (who is deceased). If anyone has any links to finding this pattern and or magazine I would love to get it.[img]img_3026[/img]
im not computer literate enough to be able to put a picture of what im looking for here.
But it is Irish Quilt magazine published 2009, Vol #1, Issue #5 (halloween)
Name of pattern is "Fireworks and Fun at Halloweeen" by Terri McNeill.
Any help on locating this pattern and/or magazine would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-03-2022, 09:41 AM

Confused - who wrote the pattern, Sherry Nugent or Terri McNeill??

You might have to stalk sites like eBay and Etsy for a time, and wait for one to come up. You could set up a Google alert, which will alert you when new content containing specific words or phrases pops up.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:14 AM

Terri McNeill wrote the pattern
… sherry nugent was attached to a post regarding the irish quilt magazine.

sorry for the confusion… i’m so overwhelmed with trying to track down this pattern…
Terri McNeill (deceased) wrote the pattern called
Fireworks and Fun at Halloweeen which was featured on the cover of Irish Quilt magazine published in 2009
Old 11-04-2022, 03:40 AM

Can't you try to send a e-mail to www.Irish Quilt magazine.com and ask them how to get ahold of this issue. maybe you can download one from them for a fee. It is a cute pattern...but also a lot of work.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:45 AM

I have emailed them multiple times and so far they have not responded…. i think i have done all the normal things to reach out so far… but nothing so far… unless someone has another avenue for me to explore… I’m open to any avenue of search. I’m just hoping that I will get lucky and someone actually has a copy of this magazine and will share it with me or clue me in on how to purchase it!!
Old 11-04-2022, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

I took a class I forgot who the teacher was, but an award winner for her curving flying geese. We learned to draft and paper piece the curved geese from large to small all in a line. Honestly it was lot of work to get one line of geese. I think once you get the geese made the rest would be basic piecing and applique. Ohio star blocks would work for the border or Carpenter's Star.

Old 11-04-2022, 06:57 AM

yes… as my last resort i could try to graft it out… but if i could get the pattern… would be so much less of a headache!! lol
Old 11-04-2022, 07:18 AM

Who do you email? Emails probably should have been returned as undeliverable, as irishquilting.ie and irishquilting.com are both defunct. I think you can private message on QB and request a read receipt. https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...ng-u73590.html According to https://cs-cz.facebook.com/theqgi/po...1337891932052/ it appears that Terri passed away last year.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 11-04-2022, 07:54 AM

Default Found Something!

Found something! Apparently they are on Facebook. =68.ARB6BH1G9dOL2iVr2xUMAolTPDl_NgqjEmw5YbjevPt3F6 YiF_EqvOv2aqEfoh_uKOrmBFH-RrFjGQF7pXaZLo02-DP4-MCEh9BIngt7nxYScctuDvugEIYCRiIUsAZ81DHWl6reVachHa_ tDV_VpiFExd3QmiHLfv3PtzeIU3s9S4YT6AFW6EPh9B9JzltzQ UpQ_N0x3NdoIQmT3mmayo7TjMTHL5vJVrD4-4VqeEWLnDPSLVe0kKNQs6g1Ncp1vK4Byf8nLA4rKtsIlN2PKCb cKpuQkLVfthAtjw3ZkKJXI5TFNllwftB8ciF5rtQeQx-SqfFYYP9CMLdTmXJsGxGpUNeCY5l-zfYYVCrAoQTzUqp4dgALfmLb6G1pmhUdOgXZhHvJayOF_HCscL mmhW1XGwStTYrnVZOnacAqjapGNERJNfh44Q]Facebook. Although the magazine is apparently defunct, it seems to be related to this quilt shop in Ireland. This came up for me. They may be on holiday for a week or so, as I found this through a link that mentioned they would be on holiday, but don't remember how I got there or exactly when they would be closed. (I followed some links down a rabbit hole from Janey's post.)

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 11-04-2022 at 07:58 AM. Reason: not sure if all of this works
Old 11-04-2022, 10:56 AM

Thank you so much!! this is another lead to follow! I have sent an email and hope to get a response! I tried to message them but apparently the rules on messages are very different for other countries …
it didn’t allow me to message thru facebook messenger. thanks again for the lead!!