Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Isn't it awful when... >

Isn't it awful when...

Isn't it awful when...

Old 12-27-2010, 06:11 AM

I'm dragging out bins in the process of packing to move. I can't believe the stash I have tucked away!! Now the email sales are coming in and instead of decreasing the stash at hand, I'm busy ordering more! I think, in the back of my head, I'm afraid I won't be able to buy much once I'm really retired! Big Nut Case!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:20 AM

Well, I did it! I put the kit in the cart, shut down the computer, went back this am and I find I don't really even like the fabric of the kit, it was the pattern I really liked---so I emptied the cart, and happily pulled up QB to say I've once again resisted the urge and it feels good. Back to the UFOs with a smile.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:08 AM

Oh, my. I thought I was the only one who did that! Shopping without paying - works for me (sometimes)!

Coleen
Old 12-28-2010, 07:36 AM

pkary, no you are not nuts, I'm getting ready to retire and I have been stashing for 9 months, the material I bought before cotton went up saved me LOTS OF CASH. Want to get my C&C thread used up so I can try out Common Threads Essentials. God has a funny sense of humor, we may have ready cash when we work but we have no time, when we have ample time little--- moola go figure!!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
you get barraged with emails from online shops with all the tantalizing pictures of what's new/for sale, etc - and even though you don't need fabric, nor have the $$ to buy it, you have to click and just look.... and then you see all these beautiful droolworthy prints......
Ugh. Just saw Moda's "Gorgeous Array of Flowers" line and would just LOVE to fill a bin with it. (for a future project, of course :wink: ) Oh well. Hopefully it will be around for a while!
So why do I look?! :roll: :lol:
Why did I just look? Aargh!