Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ISO Star Struck by Donna Haas? >

ISO Star Struck by Donna Haas?

ISO Star Struck by Donna Haas?

Old 11-14-2023, 08:37 AM

Default ISO Star Struck by Donna Haas?

I was at a quilt show recently and this quilt was made as a quilt of Valor in red, white, and blue. It was gorgeous. It was a 9 patch with a hour glass block in the middle with delectable mountain block in the center block on the outside row. Am I making an sense? I think it was a 12 inch block but I can't do the math for the mountain block that works out nicely to a 4 inch block (12 divided by3) the quilt info said pattern by Donna Haas, I have looked on amazon, pinterest, and google and haven't found anything. Does anyone know of this pattern or designer? Thanks for any help.
Old 11-14-2023, 09:56 AM

She is mentioned in an older article here https://www.wiclarkcountyhistory.org...144/144569.htm
you might be able to search more from there?
Old 11-14-2023, 03:00 PM
Gay

Is this quilt the one you saw, it seems to fit the bill. If you can't find the pattern it doesn't look too difficult to figure out.

Possible quilt

Attached Thumbnails sew-n-sew.jpg  
Old 11-14-2023, 03:25 PM
Gay

Also found this one created by Bonnie Hunter that looks likely

Star Struck
Old 11-14-2023, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by laurilli View Post
I was at a quilt show recently and this quilt was made as a quilt of Valor in red, white, and blue. It was gorgeous. It was a 9 patch with a hour glass block in the middle with delectable mountain block in the center block on the outside row. Am I making an sense? I think it was a 12 inch block but I can't do the math for the mountain block that works out nicely to a 4 inch block (12 divided by3) the quilt info said pattern by Donna Haas, I have looked on amazon, pinterest, and google and haven't found anything. Does anyone know of this pattern or designer? Thanks for any help.
I found two quilts that have been sold, but they are only in two color quilts. https://a.1stdibscdn.com/archivesE/u...y=60&width=700 and https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/fo.../id-f_1063724/

I'm thinking it may be a variation of the the delectable mountain book at
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1891776088...4Z2RM2P18V6Y7H
Old 11-15-2023, 11:29 AM

Hi, I wish I could post a picture because this quilt was amazing! Thanks Thimblebug, I looked into the facebook site listed. The shop has been sold but Ms. Haas kept her phone number because she still sells her patterns. I was able to contact her and have a pattern on the way. Thanks again.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:10 PM

Hi, I wish I could post a picture because this quilt was amazing! Thanks Thimblebug, I looked into the facebook site listed. The shop has been sold but Ms. Haas kept her phone number because she still sells her patterns. I was able to contact her and have a pattern on the way. Thanks again.
YAY, that is so cool!
Old 11-15-2023, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
Is this quilt the one you saw, it seems to fit the bill. If you can't find the pattern it doesn't look too difficult to figure out.

Possible quilt
love this quilt. Don’t usually like stars
Old 11-16-2023, 05:39 AM

I followed the info in the second post. If it is the same person, she owns a quilt shop in Wisconsin. She has a Facebook page. The name of the shop is Sew and Sew quilts and fabrics.

bkay
Old 11-21-2023, 07:24 PM

I called several numbers and have not been able to reach Donna Haas. Can you give me a phone number? I would like to buy the pattern also