Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Items canceled from order? >

Items canceled from order?

Items canceled from order?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM

Trust me on this one, I'm a fabric shop owner myself!

www.VogueFabricsInc.com
Old 08-14-2012, 05:14 PM

I always request that they call me if the quantities will vary from what I've ordered, and they always do. One lady calls just to say HI and let me know that everything I ordered is available. And because the larger stores won't do that, I don't buy from them anymore. There are many smaller places online, all with good prices and great service. We don't have to accept bad or indifferent service.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:31 PM

I have never had it cancelled for no reason. There has always been a reason provided.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:12 AM

I have to do all my shopping online and have found the shops to have excellent customer service and will always call if they have a shortage. I must give five stars to batiks.com,who are absolutely wonderful.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
It has been happening to me from Hancock of paducah with their web sale fabric. Recently They marked one of my fabrics ordered, as back ordered, weeks ago, but it is still on line. I just ordered more, as the back order does not appear anywhere on my account. I also noticed that they charged me full price for a web sale item, I called them and they gave me credit immediately. I will have to check what they charge my card when I see the cc statement, so beware of their pricing.
I didn't have the "full price" charge but they do say it's on backorder and never send it...i agree that I have the most customer service problems with getting a full order from them
Old 08-15-2012, 02:51 PM

Yep , I have had items cancelled on an order... it really chaps my ... when that happens. The one that I found did it more than once to me ... has not recieved an order since. No call to see if I wanted to substitute... no "gee we did not have the inventory we thought" ... nothing ... A bad way to have a transaction close .. with the buyer dissappointed.
I was always taught that in the general rules of retail it takes more $$$ to get a new customer than to keep existing one happy.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:16 PM

That's really unfortunate Lori. And you're absolutely right, it definitely costs less to keep a current customer happy, which makes it all the more inexplicable. But at the end of the day, as customers, our strongest tool is leveraging our ability to give someone business - so the "next-steps" are pretty self-explanatory from here on out.

However, I assure you that not all fabric store owners are the same. Try not to be too disappointed by your experience and go out and explore some new and other online stores!

-Shawn