Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's not that I'm complaining >

It's not that I'm complaining

It's not that I'm complaining

Old 11-01-2010, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by luv-e
Tomorrow is another day. Just walk away and go back refeshed.
ditto...
Old 11-01-2010, 06:23 AM

Yesterday I wanted to sew all day. But had to clean up from Halloween (our town celebrated it on Saturday night), clean the kitchen, vacuum, laundry, bathrooms, even straightened the garage and cleaned up the backyard for the winter....yuk, yuk,yuk. Finally in the late afternoon I snuck up to my sewing room....ahhhhhh.... Turned on some football, poured a glass of wine and away I went sewing! But by the time the World Series was on I should have quit! I sewed all the wrong pieces together so I spent the last few innings with a seam ripper! But, I did get a lot done on a new quilt before my brain faded. BTW Hannajo.....I have a daughter named Hannah Jo too!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:35 AM

Welcome to quilting!!! Fun, Fun, Fun (not) :-D
Old 11-01-2010, 08:17 AM

Join the Crowd. I made a quilt for my quilt instructor, with her pattern and had to remove "5" borders because it didn't work. Takes about 4 hours to remove 5 borders.

When I get a photo will show it. It's beautiful, but very frustrating. I didn't quit for 2 weeks after.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 AM

Went through the same sew and unsew yesterday. Seemed like everything that I put under the needle, came out wrong. After many unsewing problems and many resewing, finally figured that it was time to stop, think, and rest. Unsewing usually means that I am not thinking, consentrating, and into much of a hurry! Today has been better, thank you.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:47 AM
mac

For some reason this reminds me of the time that I big stack of 3" strips to sew together. Since they were 44" wide it took a bit to sew one length together. But I was on a roll, just whipping those strips out. After working about 3 hours straight, I was feeling a little punchy. Decided to iron the strips open for a while. As I go to cut the threads in between the chain stitching, I realized that I had been sewing without bobbin thread for about 9 strips... as I said I was getting a little punch and all I could do was laugh at myself for sewing for long without thread. Well, at least I didn't have to rip anything out.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:56 AM

When I have days where I am reaping more than sewing--It's time to walk away.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM

Been there done that.LOL I've walked away plenty of times and then go back and it seems to work out much better.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

Had the same type of morning myself that is why I am here and thanks for the comfort of knowing I am not alone!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:48 PM

Been there done that and what is funny it not only relates to sewing but other hobbies also. My husband likes to build model airplanes and is working on a plastic model right now. Well he was putting on the wings and the bottom ones are both for the left wing. He has sent an email to the company but has not heard anything back yet. He doesn't know what he is going to do. So we all have different kinds of problems.