Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's Virtual Quilt Day!!  Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013 >

It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013

Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 PM

Awwww Shoot, I missed it! Do you do these regularly? Can I get advance notice of the upcoming day?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 PM

Yesterday, when I saw this, I knew I wanted to take part in it. However, I wasn't sure I'd have any time. I finished the quilting on my LA and took the quilt off the frame. Fixed an error and trimmed it. Didn't have enough left of any of the fabrics in the quilt for the binding. Then called Judi and she was so excited she invited us to dinner ("drop everything and get over here") and we found fabric in her stash for binding. Since I'm leaving tomorrow early, she's going to put on the binding and when we get to Ontario for Road, we'll hand stitch together. She's thrilled with her new queen size quilt and it sure perks up her room. Forgot to take a picture.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 PM

Thank you, Rachel!

February 17th is already marked on my calendar.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by qltgrose View Post
Awwww Shoot, I missed it! Do you do these regularly? Can I get advance notice of the upcoming day?
Thanks
Awww yes the day is over now. We do them monthly, but we stopped for the holidays. Our next one will be February 17, so mark your calendar!! And hopefully someone will remind me too. I tend to forget the date as the month progresses.

Cheers!
Racehl
Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilter7x View Post
QuiltnNan, I love your hearts!

I finished one of the wall hangings. Yay for me! The other one just needs the binding and that will be easy to do tomorrow. This has been a lot of fun today!

thanks, quilterx. and i love your shamrocks... they're my next project. i saw your quilting template earlier and thought it was a clever idea. turned out really great.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 AM

I'm a day late! I really needed the boost, too. I have a Christmas (yes, Christmas!) quilt that needs binding and I have just been completely unmotivated to go work on it because my machine messed up (my fault - knew she's picky when anything changes and I forgot to check) and I had to pick out half a quilt's worth of quilting. Soured me on this particular quilt. Can anyone relate? And then I have an old Singer Touch n Sew machine in a cabinet that my cousin's 11yo daughter wants and I finally dug it out of my quilt room and got it in my truck to take it to her - 2 hours away - and all the junk that was stored under it is tumbled out on the floor. :-/ I'm gonna pick myself up, dust myself off and force myself to work on the room and quilt...today...maybe, lol.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:37 AM

Is it too late to say what I did yesterday?
I helped a friend baste a quilt... began to brainstorm on a better way to baste quilts in the future... I'm devising a device
Then I finally finished piecing my paper pieced dragon quilt that I started last spring (no, haven't been working on it all this time. It was my backup project for when I didn't have anything else going on) It feels sooooo good to have finished piecing this! Next Sunday I'm going to quilt it... I have a bit of paper removal to do first.. I'll get to that this week...
I did post over in the pictures section but wanted to share here

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389679[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dragon-quilt-top-finished.jpg  
Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

That's an incredible quilt!! Love that dragon, and the knight is great, too.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 AM

I did it, I got in my sewing room late, but did get some things accomplished. So thanks for the boost.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:42 AM

I enjoyed working with you all yesterday, the photos posted make me feel like I know you better. Great quilting - everyone. You all inspired me, I can't wait til we meet again. I will be there On February 17.