Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's Virtual Quilt Day!!  Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013 >

It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013

Old 03-17-2013, 07:33 AM

Sewing is going very well here. I'm not hurrying, but it's still going pretty fast . It's so wonderful after making so many blocks to finally see a pattern emerging as I am attaching rows together.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:35 AM

I just finished machine quilting the border's on my son's quilt.I have to decide on a binding but first I have the last show of Grease to deal with about costumes and then we have to break down the costumes. I don't think it will be bound tonight but it will be by the end of the week before he goes back to school.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 AM

I can't believe it's 11:30! I did sleep WAY in...but I did get something trivial done already: squaring up some bat-scraps so when I need them, they'll be ready to sew together.

Yesterday I finally finished DS's quilt (I know it doesn't REALLY count for VQD, and UFO day was FRIDAY, but I couldn't make to Friday's session, so I'm just gonna post it here...besides, I think I finished the top on our last VQD). I'm happy with the way it came out even though there are some binding wonks and still only a couple spots on the Log quilting lines that didn't get done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]402287[/ATTACH]

Next is finishing the quilting on the chicken quilt http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...k-t212093.html
I scrapped the idea of chicken-wire pattern, and am doing a simple cross hatch...OMG so EASY!!!! WAY easier than the log cabin! Oh, and painter's tape is HORRIBLE...well, maybe it was because I laid out 1/2 of the quilt lines from the center to one corner. It all started coming off while I was quilting. So I had to wing it and hope for (semi) straight lines against the one I WAS able to get done. Ripped all the tape off (waste of 1/2 a roll of tape! )
Ok, I'm off. See you in a couple hours!
Attached Thumbnails kq-done.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 AM

How hard is it just to arrange thirty five 4 inch squares ?
I cut them all out,a arranged them and showed my daughter who now thinks its too brown......totally agree with her but then I told her that when she chose the fabric......ah we'll back to the cutting board !
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 07:43 AM

I am going to start quilting my Yellow Brick Road for my mother. She is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. The quilt is pastels with a pink fleece backing. It will be nice and soft for her. She doesn't know any of us anymore, but she enjoys cuddling under warm quilts and afghans.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:46 AM

I got an early start on this as I woke up sick yesterday and had to cancel all my plans. Got the blocks cut and pieced then and put them together this morning. Layer and baste left for today - maybe even start the quilting. It was time for a blue quilt - though I know it should be green today!
Attached Thumbnails start-blues-004-d2-.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 07:55 AM

I am joining in, I have nearly finished layering my Brother's birthday quilt and hopefully will start the FMQ today, I only have 9 days to finish and get it posted to arrive in time, fingers crossed.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 AM

I just got back from church and I am ready to get started. I did talk with a quilter friend after church and we shared lots of ideas.

Goals:

1. Cut sewn strips and assemble my first rail fence quilt top probably baby quilt size. I'm not sure how many squares I will have because strips were donated so I may need to get creative and add more squares of other colors.

2. Cut and sew clue 2 of Judy!s Mystery Train table runner.

3. Check my back up machine to see if it is working properly and set up a 1/4 inch strip on it. it!s time for the yearly maintenance on my good machine.

4. Sandwich and finish one charity baby quilt.

5. Iron, cut, sort stash for 'movement' breaks. Lol

Of course, I will be checking back here often too.

Connie
Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 AM

How's everyone doing? I got a Mustang embroidered and a Classic Car license plate, did a pickup truck yesterday. These things take so much time, just choosing the right colors is challenging....good thing I have a large thread stash.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:44 AM

I want to finish this baby "charm" quilt for a friend at work who just had her baby 3 weeks early. Glad I'm almost done with it. I think I will just free motion a meandering pattern (if you can call meandering a pattern).
Attached Thumbnails brysonquilt_web.jpg