Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ITSY---- BITSY  Trash can >

ITSY---- BITSY Trash can

ITSY---- BITSY Trash can

Old 11-14-2010, 01:25 PM

When my DH bought nails at the hardware, they came in a rectangular plastic box with a flip up lid. It's sturdy and can be used for many things. I use mine for transporting my spools and bobbins of thread for the next sewing project when we go to our other house. Breath mint containers will make nice little sewing kits.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Dee

I almost keep all containers and boxes, as they will come in handy down the road. DH has learned to never throw anything, before he asks me firs. One always has an idea what it could be used for.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 PM

I
Originally Posted by DJRustic
I have an Itsy- Bitsy trash can for my hand piecing. I just keep it in my sewing basket. It is------ the container that you get Orbit gum in. I just pulled off all of the labels & walla..... my very own tiny trash can, might I also say " with a lid". I just love this thing, it is small enough to collect all of my threads snips. I am currently working on several EPP Grandmother's garden quilts & this is so handy for all my scraps.
So, go buy a container of Orbit ( I like the white bubblemint.... I like to chew & blow bubbles as I sew) Happy Sewing....................Donna, The Rustic Quilter
I read this post yesterday. I'm not a gum chewer and I'm not a neat person. When I'm out, I just throw my snippets into my bag and go on my way. Today at the grocery I just happened to look down and found your tiny trash cans. They'd be good for a lot of sewing stuff. Almost got the Dentyne Ice "trash can"
Old 11-16-2010, 03:40 AM

AH, a gal after my own heat. At 68, I still love to chew bubble gum. But, it always loses its flavor on the bed post over night. Do you remember this song?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:18 AM

"Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bed-post overnight. If your mother says don't chew it, do you swallow it in spite? Can you catch it on your tonsils and heave it left and right? Does your chewing gum............."

I used to sing it to my kids to remind them to toss their gum in the wastebasket!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:57 AM

Mizcott--Thanks for the hint about using needles for picture hangers. I am forever rearranging my pictures, wall hangings, etc using finishing nails. I also have a tub of hole filler on hand to fill the holes as I go. I use a myriad of tins and containers from various products. Mom saved everything 'either for the sake of the good it has done or will do.'So I learned well to re-purpose, the fashionable word before recycle.