Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ITSY---- BITSY  Trash can >

ITSY---- BITSY Trash can

ITSY---- BITSY Trash can

Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 AM

I have an Itsy- Bitsy trash can for my hand piecing. I just keep it in my sewing basket. It is------ the container that you get Orbit gum in. I just pulled off all of the labels & walla..... my very own tiny trash can, might I also say " with a lid". I just love this thing, it is small enough to collect all of my threads snips. I am currently working on several EPP Grandmother's garden quilts & this is so handy for all my scraps.
So, go buy a container of Orbit ( I like the white bubblemint.... I like to chew & blow bubbles as I sew) Happy Sewing....................Donna, The Rustic Quilter
Old 11-12-2010, 06:52 AM

My favorite gum, but I havent seen the containers. I'll be watching for them. Thanks

Blessings,
Ruth
Old 11-12-2010, 07:06 AM

Oh man!! I just threw one of those away two days ago!! I just wanna kick myself in the butt for that.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 AM

I save any little containers like that! You just never know what they might come in handy for, & if you get too many, you can always toss a few out later. It's amazing all these containers that stuff come in now days, & you can reuse so many, for so many things. So, think twice before you toss out any empty reusable container!...
Old 11-12-2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by happymrs
I save any little containers like that! You just never know what they might come in handy for, & if you get too many, you can always toss a few out later. It's amazing all these containers that stuff come in now days, & you can reuse so many, for so many things. So, think twice before you toss out any empty reusable container!...
Thats like my bottles from my Coffeemate Creamer. I take the label off and clean it and fill with water when I go to class. The lid is tight and pours easily into the iron. Have a qt one on my ironing surface and take the pint one with me..
Old 11-12-2010, 07:36 AM

That is a super great idea, I take my GFG with me to school everyday to pick up my daughter and this would be great for all the little threads! I'll have to tell my gum obsessed husband to buy a container instead of a pack!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by happymrs
Thats like my bottles from my Coffeemate Creamer. I take the label off and clean it and fill with water when I go to class. The lid is tight and pours easily into the iron. Have a qt one on my ironing surface and take the pint one with me..
OH thats a great idea also. I am always spilling water all over the place when I fill my iron. Although I don't ever leave the house to sew it would still be a great addition to my ironing board at home.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:00 AM

I love the Altoids containers. Great for repurposing.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:07 AM

Wonderful ideas,keep em comming!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:27 AM

I like the clear plastic salad containers for my WIP's, scraps and such. They stack really nice.